Broadhead Sharpener

Arch-N

Can anyone recommend a good broadhead sharpener. I ordered a new Montec today from Cabelas just because of the reviews it had. I don't want any kind of stone, just the type with carbide set in a V shape.

Any help would be great.

Arch

bigdeer

i always buy new blades that is why i havent bought the G 5s because u have to sharpen them

Game Eye

R.I.P.
A blade jig along with a fine stone, polishing stone, and strap of leather will get one razor sharp, "if" it is a quality broadhead. I prefer the Slick Tricks...

eddie c

I sharpen my Montecs on a flat diamond sharping block. in fact I am getting ready to re-sharpen the one that took that deer last night and see if it will bring good luck on the next one. :grin:

JeepKuntry

I used a wetstone to touch some of mine up the other day. One set of blades hit rock hard and there gonna have to be replaced.

Arch-N

The Game said:
A blade jig along with a fine stone, polishing stone, and strap of leather will get one razor sharp, "if" it is a quality broadhead. I prefer the Slick Tricks...

I just sent a brand new set of " Slick Tricks " back, they flew terrible out of my set up. Wish I could have used them they were made very well. My Montec's fly like darts, didn't want to start that process of adjusting all over again.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
Arch-N said:
The Game said:

I just sent a brand new set of " Slick Tricks " back, they flew terrible out of my set up. Wish I could have used them they were made very well. My Montec's fly like darts, didn't want to start that process of adjusting all over again.

:eek:

Never heard of such! :D

Latest posts