• Help Support TNDeer:

Brno Model 3 Stecher ,break in 57 year old rifle

mr.big

starting to get the hang of the rounded stock and the double set trigger and the Redfield sights

10 shots 50 yards Eley Club ,,I think with a little more tuning and some better ammo this will be a 50 yard 200/20X rifle,,
I am ready for a couple days about 75-80 degrees and low humidity and just enough wind to keep mirage blown down,

I am really diggin these Redfield sights,,their reliable clix with near zero backlash are a right smart better than the Brno Match sights,,

I thought about scoping it just to get it tuned and do ammo tests but I cant bring myself to clamp a base on the action,,it has never been scoped and long as I own it it wont be,,
these Brno Model 3 and 4 rifles made from 56-61 are some very nice and accurate 22`s

Purty Rifle! I am using the Wolf Match Extra in my smallbores. I gave up on Eley and Lapua, too expensive and quality control has gone down hill. The Wolf ammo will surprise you if you give it a chance.

I have probably shot over 20 bricks of Wolf MT the last couple years,,I shoot a lot of SK+ also which is supposed to be the same ammo,,it shoots very well for 50$$ ammo,,but if I am shooting for money or any kind of competitive shooting I will have Lapua Midas+ or Eley Match Black box,,they shoot about the same in my rifles and never seem to have any fliers,,I shot 63 Tens in a row at 100 with the Eley one day last summer with 40 something X`s,every now and then the Wolf/SK ammo will lose a point low,but it is very good practice ammo and if shooting the Lapua midas or CenterX it has same zero and I dont have to clean and foul my barrel to shoot so most match days see the Midas+ even though I think the Eley Match shoots very slightly better,,

I have trouble keeping my eyes focused long enough for 20 shots,but it is fun trying,,so far the Model 4 is still king but the 3S is coming on strong,,

Latest posts

Back