Boycotting Sports This Year

Specializedjon

Sorry if this is a duplicate...

I'm boycotting all sports this year, strictly watching the Pursuit Channel. I can't stomach supporting organizations that disrespect our flag and our hero (military and first responders). I served proudly in the military and as a LEO. Damn if I'm going to watch a bunch of spoiled rich kids disrespect the same country that afforded them the opportunities they've been given. It sucks...cause I miss our Sunday, after church tradition of football on...but not gonna do it.

Sorry....rant over. Just pisses me off.

Omega

I'm right there with you, as I dropped watching football from day one. When the NFL didn't step up and correct this situation, I gave up on the season. At first, I was hoping that they would come around, but they doubled down and made it official policy it seems, so bye bye. The rest of pro sports, never much of a fan, so when I lost NFL football, I hoped for a political free college season, but nope it had seeped into that as well. If they can't see they are disrespecting the country that gives them one of the, probably, highest paying job opportunities for them, then to heck with them.

PillsburyDoughboy

I havent watched the NFL in about 4 years. I did watch TUA clip of him in his first Game at the Dolphins. But that's been it.

Spurhunter

I never liked the NFL, NBA, or NHL. It's easy to give up something you never liked anyway. However, I am a baseball nut. I have loved baseball and MLB since I was a 5 year old kid playing Little League and collecting baseball cards. When my team came out to warm up opening day in BLM T-shirts, I turned it off and never watched the first pitch, up to and including the WS. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I missed it.

Spurhunter

Dont forgot to boycott all college sports as well. College teams and coaches (saban and pruitt especially) have been very active supporters of BLM.
Pruitt has not been an active supporter of BLM. He has spoken out on social justice and inequality, but has not supported the Marxist organization BLM. If I'm wrong please point it out. I might've missed something.

cbhunter

And even instrumental in the decision to sell old jersey to donate to BLM

Rather than donate those funds to childrens charities that they supported in the past.
That one is a little misleading. After catching some backlash and conversing with his other coaches, they announced that they would donate them to a local organization for the less fortunate instead of BLM. They ended up not getting the jerseys at all due to a contract problem. With that being said, i'm not taking up for them, it is indeed infiltrating NCAA

PillsburyDoughboy

That one is a little misleading. After catching some backlash and conversing with his other coaches, they announced that they would donate them to a local organization for the less fortunate instead of BLM. They ended up not getting the jerseys at all due to a contract problem. With that being said, i'm not taking up for them, it is indeed infiltrating NCAA
Sounds like a lot of backtracking ...Probably a lot of the Donors and Alumni had a say in that.

redblood

I think there is enough evidence their to throw up some red flags. We have to make a stand, even if it's inconvenient. Believe, there are people who gave up more than college football to Support whats right. I love college football too, love the NFL more but its time to put our priorities in order. Yall know its true.

TNTreeman

Former huge vols fan and felt we had a good coach in pruitt. He marched with his players as did saban and most others. He also said they were donating money to blm. The fact that may not happen now doesn't negate the fact it was in the works. Nicky taking a role in the video about no lives matter till black lives matter is equally repugnant. Those that choose to make a stand against the NFL but leave out the NCAA in their boycott are just looking the other way when it involves there beloved Saturday team. Believe me it sucks making a stand but it doesn't make sense saying the NFL is bad but I'm watching Bama , ut, Kentucky etc bc they've been just as pro blm and social justice as the NFL. I hope this crap ends bc I miss watching. If people stop watching and going it would change just like the nba ratings tanking have caused them to drop ( hopefully ) the social justice crap for next year.

TreyB

Pruitt has not been an active supporter of BLM. He has spoken out on social justice and inequality, but has not supported the Marxist organization BLM. If I'm wrong please point it out. I might've missed something.
You have

BamaProud

1604052851405.png

redblood

All it would take is for a season of empty stands to cripple universities.
But hey, our selfish entertainment is much more important than thwarting communism.
Thats it. But in peoples blind following of tradition or a desire to establish normalcy they take the path or least resistance. It will take sacrifice from the situational patriots to send the message that we love our country more than our sport.

redblood

Former huge vols fan and felt we had a good coach in pruitt. He marched with his players as did saban and most others. He also said they were donating money to blm. The fact that may not happen now doesn't negate the fact it was in the works. Nicky taking a role in the video about no lives matter till black lives matter is equally repugnant. Those that choose to make a stand against the NFL but leave out the NCAA in their boycott are just looking the other way when it involves there beloved Saturday team. Believe me it sucks making a stand but it doesn't make sense saying the NFL is bad but I'm watching Bama , ut, Kentucky etc bc they've been just as pro blm and social justice as the NFL. I hope this crap ends bc I miss watching. If people stop watching and going it would change just like the nba ratings tanking have caused them to drop ( hopefully ) the social justice crap for next year.
Thank you for getting it. The screw the nfl and roll tide sentiment has haunted this forum for a long time. I agree screw the NFL but we also have to give college sports the same treatment.

Laxxxxxx

I watch sports, listen to music and read a lot. It doesn't bother me at all because I don't give a hoot. I watch the game for the game, listen to the music for that and anything that I don't want to hear or care about goes in one ear and out the other. It's not hard to do or nearly as stressful. I dont feel personally attacked or targeted because I know I'm not a person that people would get up in arms about. I treat people kindly and if they are jack wagons I send them packing. Always worked for me, always will.

Specializedjon

As previously said...and then I'll shut up and move on, I love football on Saturday and Sunday but I love my country a hell'of a lot more. Little'ol me will sit quietly in protest, standing for the National Anthem when I hear it and thanking Veteran's as often as I can while entitled, spoiled millionaires try and tell us how bad they've been oppressed. It may not mean a hill'a beans to some, but in my family, we stand for our flag and kneel before God Almighty...period. We've served honorably, including myself, for generations. I'll continue to watch my hunting channels while sippin a cold beer. That's my "protest". My $.02...rant over (for now)

Latest posts