Bowl?

William

Well, I cancelled my hotel room in New Orleans. Now what? Researched multiple sites and found a couple suggesting Taxslayer in Jacksonvile, a couple with Liberty in Memphis, and one with Music City. Thoughts?

TeamMainStreet

tumblr_mteg63GPDL1qgmp6qo5_250.gif

PillsburyDoughboy

TeamMainStreet":37x9bed4 said:

I'm sure by July you will have Vols back at #1 in the SEC with a bid at a National Championship . Don't disappoint me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

PillsburyDoughboy":33x5orzo said:
I'm sure by July you will have Vols back at #1 in the SEC with a bid at a National Championship . Don't disappoint me.

raw

PillsburyDoughboy

TeamMainStreet":26cmpay1 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":26cmpay1 said:

raw

Such a tease :)

rem270

I hate the bowl games. To much like a participation award. Not knocking UT but knocking the way college football is.

The teams and games would be remembered more with a 16 team playoff. Or I'd even be happier with a 32 game playoff.

No one will ever remember the taxslayer bowl, or the aflac bowl, or the Ol Roy dog food bowl.

BamaProud

Heck New Orleans would still be fun even if it isn't your team playing in the game. Go cheer for the SEC(Auburn) against the Sooners. Book an extra couple nights and make is more about a trip with the wife than the game. Plenty of fantastic food down there. The Aquarium is great(I hear its remodeled) and the Katrina Museum is supposed to be interesting.

PillsburyDoughboy

rem270":2irqs4nz said:
I hate the bowl games. To much like a participation award. Not knocking UT but knocking the way college football is.

The teams and games would be remembered more with a 16 team playoff. Or I'd even be happier with a 32 game playoff.

No one will ever remember the taxslayer bowl, or the aflac bowl, or the Ol Roy dog food bowl.

Totally agree with you on that . Always hated the format in College football .

Other than going to the Rosebowl one year and the Sugarbowl twice I can't think but a few bowl games I ever attended in person that are noteworthy.

Zulu

PillsburyDoughboy":27oas022 said:
rem270":27oas022 said:

Totally agree with you on that . Always hated the format in College football .

Other than going to the Rosebowl one year and the Sugarbowl twice I can't think but a few bowl games I ever attended in person that are noteworthy.

I disagree. I love bowl season. Yeah, most of them are just glorified exhibition games, but you get to see matchups that you never would otherwise. My favorites are when a G5 school who's just happy to be in a bowl schools a Power 5 who's disappointed in not getting a big bowl. With a lot of those smaller schools, that's their only chance for national exposure, and they play like it. My house looks like NASA on New Year's Day with all the TVs set up for the different games.

rem270

Zulu, i definitely see your point and agree with you. Just hate to see a power house team be so good and have 1 bad game that decides their whole year. If it was more than a 4 team playoff then you would see some upsets and possibly a fluke team in running for the NC. That would make for some fun football. Heck don't take away the bowl games just pencil in more playoff spots and give them a bowl name. Could still keep the other 100 of bowl games (i know i exaggerated) and play them like an NIT tourney. I think it would still put off a good atmosphere and still get to keep the money coming in from the bowl sponsors.

Latest posts