Bowfishing

Atchman2

So,

I've got the "bug" to bowfish. When the mayflies were hatching on Fort Loudon it was a target rich environment. Now I'm at a total loss on where to go. I'm pondering a guided trip in Alabama just to learn. Anyone got any advice on where to try near Knoxville? Are there any guides I can hire nearby or does anyone want to help a brother out? :)

SES

Put in under south Knoxville bridge. Head up river passed island home airport and go around the island. I've shot gar and carp on both sides of the island.

SES

SES":3h69dgjl said:
Put in under south Knoxville bridge. Head up river past island home airport and go around the island. I've shot gar and carp on both sides of the island.

rukiddin

You daytime shooting or night? Sold my boat 3 years ago but we mainly shot at night. If you gotta boat, I can tell you plenty of places to go on loudoun. Pm me. Shot loudoun 99% of the time during the day. Too many houses on that lake for lights and a generator and I try not to make a habit out of pissing people off who have a lot more money than I do. Lol

Atchman2

It sounds wierd but I have 2 boats. [emoji16] One is a runabout for fun and the other is basically a Bass Tracker. Shooting during the day is best for me. I dont have the stuff except for head lamps to shoot at night.

Give me a PM and we can go. I'd love to give it a better try. Right now I'm using my kid's Genesis bow since I never really had to shoot very deep. I just bought a 45 lb recurve from PSE to try. Regardless since you can't see but a few inches on Loudon I'm sure either one would work. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

rukiddin

Back when I was bowfishing so much, I'd be scared to say how many fish we shot. But I do know there was never a bow in my boat that was more than 25lbs. Mine is set on 20 lbs.

Atchman2

Yeah my kids bows are 25 lbs max. Really easy to shoot.
rukiddin":3rab5lqj said:
Back when I was bowfishing so much, I'd be scared to say how many fish we shot. But I do know there was never a bow in my boat that was more than 25lbs. Mine is set on 20 lbs.

Atchman2

My replacement bow came in this week. With all of the rain I havent even shot it!

Latest posts