Bow string wear..

RussellvilleRob

I was in the yard shooting a little this weekend and noticed a little wear on one of the cables on my bow. The wear is mostly in the serving area where the cable rolls up on the cam while drawing. I am not sure of the proper name for this cable. My terms in describing the problem may not be exact. The bow is a Bear Instinct. It is a couple years old.
Could it be that I am not waxing enough in this area? How far should I let it go before I start thinking about new cables and strings?

Thanks

RussellvilleRob

Actually, after further review. It has 1-string and no cables. The string runs around the cam and back across to the other axle on the bow. I dont know if this makes a difference in my problem.

Radar

Serving separation is a common problem with some cam designs . You shouldn't need a new string , as long as it didn't cut into the string fibers .
Have it re-served before it gets too bad .

Double Drops

Without looking at it, I would say to get it re-served. You might want to tell the person seving it to double-check the strands of the actual string where it rolls over the cam to make sure none of the it is broken. If they aren't torn, you should be in good shape after re-serving.

BowGuy84

could be your buss cable...but it really doesnt matter. A lot separate. Many times this has to do with the serving being to big for the groove in the module. Many times it does this and no other problems are experienced and a lot of times hand serving will make the serving smaller and the problem wont resurface.

Toxophilite Phil

Just what everybody says reserve the string. Odds are this will only be a temporary fix. But it should last a couple of years. It is nothing you 've done mainly the design of the cam and the sharpness of the stop of the cam

Latest posts