bow shops, Knoxville Tennessee

stringtalker

Anywhere in knoxville i can get strings put on my bow, i have the strings already. Checked prices already in other places and just about had a heart attack in what they wanted for labor to install a set of strings

stringtalker

Crow Terminator":sej8dolb said:
Not sure where you have looked but I can say from experience to expect $30-50 For installation about anywhere you go. Especially if you did not purchase the string/cables at the shop.
I can see $30-$35, but i was quoted $80. Will not pay that!!!

Crow Terminator

That's just the penalty for not buying the string/cables from the bow shops. All shops are losing money from people buying online or elsewhere and then bringing it to the shops to have put on. To compensate for that, they are charging more to put said items on. $50 is actually about normal. You might get lucky and find someone willing to do it for less in hopes of gaining future business but that would be a crap shoot. I have my own press and do most of my own work...except on those 5 piece Mathews systems. In which case, I personally wouldn't even consider a string/cable swap for under $50 myself. $80 sounds high but it all depends on what they do with it. Just to put one on...or tuning, setting it up, etc.

stringtalker

Crow Terminator":1b2pm9c9 said:
That's just the penalty for not buying the string/cables from the bow shops. All shops are losing money from people buying online or elsewhere and then bringing it to the shops to have put on. To compensate for that, they are charging more to put said items on. $50 is actually about normal. You might get lucky and find someone willing to do it for less in hopes of gaining future business but that would be a crap shoot. I have my own press and do most of my own work...except on those 5 piece Mathews systems. In which case, I personally wouldn't even consider a string/cable swap for under $50 myself. $80 sounds high but it all depends on what they do with it. Just to put one on...or tuning, setting it up, etc.
I had found a used pse stinger x really cheap and it needs a string. Just so happens i win a set of strings awhile back, so i aint goin to buy another set, lol

mattmillard510

Crow Terminator":1fqyey73 said:

The Mathews 5 piece sets are not that bad really once you've done several.

I agree with everything said, string change and setup is very labor intensive and time consuming. I wouldn't touch it for less than $50 and I would probably price it $75-80 with a full setup and tune.

Had the strings came from the shop it'd be a different story. Personally, I would rather build the strings and avoid putting them on! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psubuzz

Had mine restrung before last season at edgemore outdoors. They did a good job and had it back to me with a quick turnaround time. They order in custom strings if they don't have what you need in stock like they did for me

Greys Archery

I'm the owner of Grey's Archery in Hardin Valley, TN. If you need bow service, strings,etc.. PM me for contact info, and to setup an appointment, my prices won't be beat for service, and I'll make sure your bow is setup correctly.

bowhunter163

Greys Archery":35ro6yo6 said:
I'm the owner of Grey's Archery in Hardin Valley, TN. If you need bow service, strings,etc.. PM me for contact info, and to setup an appointment, my prices won't be beat for service, and I'll make sure your bow is setup correctly.
What brands do you carry ? Where are you located over there ? Cool to have another shop around .

Greys Archery

bowhunter163":29wrilei said:
Greys Archery":29wrilei said:
What brands do you carry ? Where are you located over there ? Cool to have another shop around .

I work out of my shop at home, don't currently carry any brands. But I'm able to get parts for just about any bow and tune anything out there. I work by appointment so you get one on one service and I don't like my customers to feel rushed. If you need any bow work done PM me or email me at [email protected] and I'll get back in touch with you about work and pricing.

Latest posts