Bought a boat

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
Just bought a boat last week. Forgot to raise the motor before going up the ramp today. Checked it out and the skeg is bent. I honestly don't know if it was bent before or not, didn't really look. Can it be straightened or am I stuck looking for a lower unit? It runs good, normal torque, and I was in the boat and able to raise it quickly. It just tweaked it a little.

Dbllunger

On my last motor, 25hp, the skeg was almost completely missing. Was that way the entire time I had it and it didn't cause me any problems at all. What size motor do you have?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pilchard

How bent? Can you post a picture? If it's just the tip, I'd cut it off the bent part and run without it.

I once loaned a flats boat to a buddy who forgot to trim up the motor when pulling the boat up the ramp and the bottom 2-3 inches broke off the self. It was fine without it.

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
Pilchard":1h28bxgy said:
How bent? Can you post a picture? If it's just the tip, I'd cut it off the bent part and run without it.

I once loaned a flats boat to a buddy who forgot to trim up the motor when pulling the boat up the ramp and the bottom 2-3 inches broke off the self. It was fine without it.

Not the best picture. I think I should probably be ok.

:oops:

Attachments

• 20201011_143447.jpg
    20201011_143447.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 231

WTM

doesnt look that bad, probably wont affect steering. if it does just cut off the bent part and install a skeg saver. you might be able to straighten it with blocks and a clamp.

Latest posts