Borden Titanium 6.5x47 Lapua

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
Received my last custom back from the 'Smith the other day and am thoroughly pleased with how it turned out. I originally planned to build this as a 6.5 Creedmoor but decided to stay with the Lapua cartridge as I really like that cartridge in my PRS rifle. Plan to use this as a backpack rifle for most medium sized game.

I had it throated specifically for use with the 130gr Berger VLD's and its shooting very well during initial load development. 42.2gr H4350 is absolute max in this titanium action, so I'll be backing down a grain and fine tuning it.

Specs:
Borden Alpine Magnum in Titanium (entire receiver and bolt PVD treated)
Bartlein 2b contour barrel; 8 twist finished at 22"
McMillan Hunter in Edge Fill
Hawkins Precision bottom metal
Jewell Trigger
Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 BT

Rifle weighs exactly 6 lbs bare and 7lbs scoped.

hunter0925

Man you have all the nice toys! My razor should be here by Friday to have on my semi custom 280ai I just got back. I have been waiting to post pics til I got my scope. It is a good bit heavier than yours for sure.

mr.big

very nice,,,and I also like the 6.5 Lapua round very well,,,

I have had lots of 4350 I could run 42.8 with no pressure and other lots that would max out at 40.8

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
hunter0925":3990066r said:
Man you have all the nice toys! My razor should be here by Friday to have on my semi custom 280ai I just got back. I have been waiting to post pics til I got my scope. It is a good bit heavier than yours for sure.
Awesome, can't wait to hear how it shoots. We all need heavy rifles too, so much more enjoyable to shoot.

hunter0925

markwondi":277urn0y said:
hunter0925":277urn0y said:
Awesome, can't wait to hear how it shoots. We all need heavy rifles too, so much more enjoyable to shoot.

I just did my barrel break in today and am very happy with it for zero load development and shooting clean bore for everything. I have light medium and heavy all about covered but still want 2 more. It is never ending.

Latest posts