Bolt knob replacement question..

Tenntrapper

I have a Christenson Mesa, and I don't like the factory bolt knob. It feels to small.. I like the 700 style/size knobs. I have never replaced one. Are they just screwed on? If so, any suggestions on where to get a replacement, would be appreciated. I'm not looking for a large target type knob, just something a little bigger than what's on it. Thanks for any help.
IMG_20210305_171418.jpg

TNRifleman

That looks like it is a screw on knob. You need to find out from Christensen what the thread size is and then you can buy a replacement knob. Check out The Polished Knob if you are on facebook. He does incredible work.

billyboy

It may already be threaded. If not there are several reputable places that can thread it. I have used Kampfeld Customs and Long Rifles Inc. for bolt work in the past. Both are top notch.

Tenntrapper

If you go to Christensen's site they sell a larger knob... I've been looking at them for mine.
I have seen that knob. I called them and they said it would work. That said, I can't tell how big it is in the pic. If you look at it and the standard one, they look the same. No dimensions given in the description.

hittingsteal

I have a Christenson Mesa, and I don't like the factory bolt knob. It feels to small.. I like the 700 style/size knobs. I have never replaced one. Are they just screwed on? If so, any suggestions on where to get a replacement, would be appreciated. I'm not looking for a large target type knob, just something a little bigger than what's on it. Thanks for any help.View attachment 72760
You can order the bigger bolt knob like comes on the elr !

hittingsteal

I have a Christenson Mesa, and I don't like the factory bolt knob. It feels to small.. I like the 700 style/size knobs. I have never replaced one. Are they just screwed on? If so, any suggestions on where to get a replacement, would be appreciated. I'm not looking for a large target type knob, just something a little bigger than what's on it. Thanks for any hel
And not ALL BOLTS KNOBS. Have same thread so watch for that. Bolt flutting.com has several big bolt knobs. Ebay has good selection.

Latest posts