Bolt action 22lr

cecil30-30

I've got a henry lever 22lr but I feel like I need a nice bolt action 22lr to add to the collection. Right now I'm looking at the cz 457 22 and the Springfield 2020 rimfire 22lr. Both are in real nice wood stocks which is what I want. I think the Springfield is a new model so not alot of info on it yet. I like the 20 inch barrel on the Springfield. The CZ has a 24 inch barrel which I'm afraid might be a nuance in the squirrel woods. I've not been a squirrel hunter in many years but I got a 4 yr old that is eat up with the woods and hunting so I gotta get him out this fall. Any input?

Tenntrapper

I've got a henry lever 22lr but I feel like I need a nice bolt action 22lr to add to the collection. Right now I'm looking at the cz 457 22 and the Springfield 2020 rimfire 22lr. Both are in real nice wood stocks which is what I want. I think the Springfield is a new model so not alot of info on it yet. I like the 20 inch barrel on the Springfield. The CZ has a 24 inch barrel which I'm afraid might be a nuance in the squirrel woods. I've not been a squirrel hunter in many years but I got a 4 yr old that is eat up with the woods and hunting so I gotta get him out this fall. Any input?
You can get the CZ varmint with a 20.5" barrel...but it's a little heavier than the "American ".

Edit...you can also get the "Royal" with a 16.5 or 20" barrel. But it's more $$

Remi

It's not wood, but the Tikka T1x has a short LOP that would work for a little feller. Mine is the 16" barrel, youll see great accuracy from the T1x also.

I shoot against a lot of CZ rifles and they are all very accurate.

Dennis

I always liked the look of those Weatherby Mark XXIIs. I don't know if they still make them.

I've got a Cz switch barrel model that came with 2 barrels, 22 and 17hmr. I've never put the 17hmr barrel in it. It's a nice looking gun too.

Latest posts