Bobcat mounts

@fulldraw

I killed a bobcat a couple years ago and had him mounted. I am curious to see other mounts. If you have one mounted please post a pic.

I killed this one with a bow at 35 yds. He weighed 30 lbs. I didn't want an agressive mount, so I had him mounted the way I shot him. He was walking away and looked back when I stopped him. While I was waiting to get him mounted, I killed a fox squirrel with my bow too. I have it mounted on another wall and the bobcat looks like he is looking back at the squirrel. Not many taxidermists mount bobcats alot and I am very happy with my mount. I just wish his ears were more upright though.

WRbowhunter

cool mount. I always like a mount to look like how I remember the shot.My dad has a Bobcat mount that I really do not like. Its on a boulder with 2 baby ducks. think the taxiderminst wife must have done the touch up because she also put a butterfly on the side. I told him he should have the set up redone.

Otterman

What's a bobcat mount cost? I have several at our farm, but we have never been able to close the deal. If I do I want to do a full mount. I figure it's a bit more than a deer head.

@fulldraw

Otterman said:
What's a bobcat mount cost? I have several at our farm, but we have never been able to close the deal. If I do I want to do a full mount. I figure it's a bit more than a deer head.

I believe it cost $350 for this mount. I don't quite remember, but it was somewhere around this price. I'm sure it probably has gone up now.

@fulldraw

Hillbilly Hunter said:
I got a real good mount on a 34lb. female. As big as she was I can't believe it isn't a tom.

When I tagged mine, I tagged it as a female because I didn't see any testicles. I learned from the taxidermist that cats' testicles don't drop like dogs. He showed me that mine was in fact a male. I had to feel for the testicles to know it was a male.

spitndrum

DSCF0729.jpg

:D

mstanton1181 said:
Hillbilly Hunter said:
I got a real good mount on a 34lb. female. As big as she was I can't believe it isn't a tom.

When I tagged mine, I tagged it as a female because I didn't see any testicles. I learned from the taxidermist that cats' testicles don't drop like dogs. He showed me that mine was in fact a male. I had to feel for the testicles to know it was a male.

It was defenirely a female, I had Redblood with me. He has a degree in Biology.

mathews338

this is the only pic i have in photobucket so it's not a closeup pic.

this is the first cat i ever shot, about 10 years ago. she was just avg. sized and about a week later i shot a big tom while deer hunting with my 338 wanting to get it mounted instead because it was huge (32 lbs) but found out that i don't need to shoot'em with that gun if i want to mount'em.
CoreysPictures122.jpg
[/img]

pass-thru

My opinions on bobcat mounts: they cost a lot and virtually all of them look like crap. Want to save the bobcat.... case skin the pelt and get it tanned.

Latest posts