Boats and Beards

diesel920

Anybody ever chase any thunder chickens from a boat? I should clarify....I mean using a boat to get access to places, not shooting them from the boat.

I live near Norris and thought about trying to hunt some areas around the lake...maybe even the big island. Aside from making sure the land I'm going on is public and following any other restrictions, I wondered if anybody had ever done it with any luck.

Seems like a fun way to get out there and chase some.

megalomaniac

Good examples of that in TN on YouTube by Catman, the Untamed, The Hunting Public, Seek One.

Back when I was in college in Nashville, I always carried my 12g when I was spring fishing and turkey season was in.

DeerWhisperer

Grew up Hunting Norris, primarily from Hickory Star up. We would launch at Hickory Star an hit the islands up to Hwy Bridge. There used to be a fair amount of birds in the area but I have been gone for about 20 years so I do not know how much has changed. We used to make a day of it in the spring, I would keep my gun in my boat and call in my pocket, fish throughout the day and call when we reached the pockets that were on public. I have heard things have changed a lot so I am not sure if this is even an option now with all the developement

catman529

I've killed several by boat, mainly in areas where there's no public road access. Quite a few people do it, some just take the gun and go fishing. It can be great if you get in a good spot

Newt

On-x will be your best friend hunting off water some property lines might go up 500 yards and others just 50 yards but I wouldn't fool with it anyway if I were you 😁jk

Union Co. Boy

Quite a bit when I was younger. Deer and turkey both. It's not easy, but it was a lot of fun. Used to hear a bunch of birds.

catman529

On-x will be your best friend hunting off water some property lines might go up 500 yards and others just 50 yards but I wouldn't fool with it anyway if I were you 😁jk
Yep there's a lot of property lines that are half way up the hill, kinda hard to do anything with that

diesel920

Yep there's a lot of property lines that are half way up the hill, kinda hard to do anything with that
On that topic I have a question. Big ridge state park shows up as huntable land on OnX but I can never find any other info about it. Is it legal to hunt? Where could I find info?