Boaters on the Caney use caution!

shorefisherman

Or anyone floating DOWN river past bridge #4(down from bettys). There is a new fallen tree on the rt side of the island split half way down blocking 80% on that side, you can still go around it, but use caution, especially canooers! This section is very swift waters!

shorefisherman

Dang, the letter e got stuck before the s, :D . But seriously, I'm hoping that darn dead tree breaks off before the holiday weekend. But if it does'nt, I'd strongly suggest canoers to stay to the lft side of the island because where the 20% opening is, there is another tree 10 ft above it and a tree stump 10 ft after it (guess-amating). It seemed like an obstacle course , putting the trolling motor to the test! :eek:

bowriter

R.I.P.
I almost never go around the right. That side can change overnight and there are some bad logs just under the surface. But thanks for the heads up. (First fast stretch as you go around the left holds some quality fish. Fish it from the gravel and take your time. Beach theboat and work the whole thing.)

bowriter

R.I.P.
Gil- I don't know. It doesn't ring a bell. I think that boat hull is just past second I-40 bridge. If I have this right, he is talking about the island just above where the Smith comes in.

BTW- If we are talking about the same boat hull, it has been there as long as I can remember.

bigluresonly

U guys are both right. He is talkin bout just above the smith with the tree, dangerous place even without the tree like you said bowriter, plenty of subsurface stumps in that little stretch. I am convinced there is a huge fish that lives under that boat hull, bridge 2 sounds right, white and on the east side of the river.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Biglures, that's a different boat. That one is only three years old. The one Gil and I are talking about is on the left bank coming down and is dark brown and 90% buried in the mud.

Latest posts