Boat Docks

blstn

Am I trespassing on private property if I paddle my kayak into a open boat slip in a floating boat dock and fish in that slip from my kayak. They do have signs posted "no trespassing" on the dock. I never get out of my kayak and step one foot on the property.

scn

blstn said:
Am I trespassing on private property if I paddle my kayak into a open boat slip in a floating boat dock and fish in that slip from my kayak. They do have signs posted "no trespassing" on the dock. I never get out of my kayak and step one foot on the property.

Maybe.

There are areas on some of these reservoirs that have been leased to vendors. The lease agreements cover the entire area including the water.

Give your regional office a call about your particular scenario and see what they know about it.

Winchester

Steve, how about fishing these floating Marinas from a boat, never entering a slip or getting off on the dock at all. I know in the past every answer I have ever gotten from a WO was that im good as long as I don't get on dock or boats, or damage anything with my lure?

Latest posts