boat blind

BIGB

Gonna try to build a blind on my boat. Gotta a friend gonna give me some conduit. then I plan to use camo burlap and tie some grass and sticks and such to it. I'll try to post pictures. any input or Ideas?

Grizzly Johnson

You planning on building it so you can fold it down for transport? Otherwise you may have to "touch up" the vegetation from time to time.

I would use some canvas type material or camo cloth sprayed with water repellant....to help keep the rain/snow off.... maybe under the burlap as a windbreaker too.

I'd probably use some of that synthetic grass type material as well... lighter weight and more durable.... you can get it from Macks and Cabelas I know....

BIGB

Thanks, It will be a scissor type frame so it can fold down for transport. I have some square tubing gonna weld some C-clamps on the ends of it so it will attach to the gun whales then use the conduit to atttach to the tubing to build the frame. probably just use the burlap and zip tie some cane to it and throw some tree branches up against it after we are set up. I just want to be able to get my son out there he is recovering from his knee surgery so he won;t be able to make long walks.

Latest posts