boat battery.

Huntaholic

Ive bought my LAST "marine" battery. I put a new interstate cranking battery in my boat a few years ago. The very next spring, EXACTLY 13 months after purchasing, it was DEAD AS A MACKERAL. I took it back and the lady that owns the parts store where I bought it said "oh its a marine battery, they only have a 12 month warranty". I told her right then and there, IVE BOUGHT MY LAST DAMN MARINE BATTERY! I WILL BUY REGULAR BATTERIES WITH A REGULAR WARRANTY FROM NOW ON!"

FLTENNHUNTER1

lead acid batteries need monthly servicing to get the most out of them. i just replaced my cranking battery. it was 8 years old.
I hear ya there. Just for yugos and grins I popped the tops off of all 3 of mine about 6 months ago (boat was only about a year and a half old at the time) to find all 3 of them needed to be topped off with distilled water. One of them I could ALMOST see the top of the lead sticking out about the acid. Either they came that way or the water evaporates faster then I imagined. I figured with the specific gravity of sulfuric acid it would make evaporation relatively slow but evidently NOT.

Latest posts