Blinds on Old Hickory

Scott N

With the flood several weeks ago, are there any blinds left on Old Hickory Lake? Haven't been out on a boat but the ones i could see from the road are gone. It will suck for people getting drawed to have to start completly over on the blind. I'm new to duck hunting so I don't know much about it. Since i don't know much I would hate to spend a bunch of money rebuilding a blind.

Grizzly Johnson

Well if it was rotted and in poor condition, chances are they would just build a new one anyway.

If they built a new blind, nothing says it has to stay at the end of season..... build a floater and haul it out at seasons end.... build a blind in pieces, then take it down and haul it home same way.....

Spoonbillmallard

Good luck picking one that isn't a rebuild.....and it doesn't really matter where you go to draw this year 90% of the blinds everywhere is going to be complete rebuilds.

And I don't know if you can build a blind on a TWRA site and take it out at the end of the year. Might be wrong but I don't think so.

Grizzly Johnson

Spoonbillmallard said:
And I don't know if you can build a blind on a TWRA site and take it out at the end of the year. Might be wrong but I don't think so.

We take our panels and roof pieces out by boat, put them up, hunt the season, the take them apart, and haul them home at seasons end.... been doing this for years..... and at any site that had a shoddy blind.

Spoonbillmallard

Thanks Grizzly hope you guys smack em too! Hopefully I can draw somewhere this year for a change. Was looking for a lease in Arkansas but didn't have any luck.

mathews338

tickweed said:
Not to highjack your thread, but being from west Tn., you guys do pretty well on Old Hickory?
i use to do real well out there but the last few years opening weekend was about the only time i went that i did any good the rest of the season was not. we almost always killed a limit on the opener but was lucky to get 4 or 5 the rest of the season

i fished a tournament saturday and ran all over the lake and saw several blinds but could not tell you what kind of condition they were in.

Scud

0, 17, 28, 35 4 27 18 29 14 71 19 32 25 86 40 41 26 51 73 69 82 12 33 39 50 106 88 77 81 74 85 65 64 79 23 13 91 43 90 83 105 80 52 92 22
Went home after 45 picks