Blind Buying

Donk

Perhaps some one can explain to me how that many sworn Twra personel can watch as Duck blinds are bought and sold in plain view and Nothing be done.This happens year after year.He spoke of the riot act this year before the draw started,didnt even slow'em down.I know they saw many blinds sold.Several groups were watching the OFFicers watch the people buying and selling.There has to be a reason for not enforcing the law on this matter.Just wanting someone to explain it to me.

scn

Donk said:
Perhaps some one can explain to me how that many sworn Twra personel can watch as Duck blinds are bought and sold in plain view and Nothing be done.This happens year after year.He spoke of the riot act this year before the draw started,didnt even slow'em down.I know they saw many blinds sold.Several groups were watching the OFFicers watch the people buying and selling.There has to be a reason for not enforcing the law on this matter.Just wanting someone to explain it to me.

If you can come up with a way to make a prosecuable case, please give me a PM and I'll be happy to listen. There are MANY times in law enforcement where you can know a violation has taken place but do not have sufficient evidence to prosecute the case. I understand your frustration. Our officers are frustrated as well. But, under the current scenarios it is very difficult to enforce that regulation.

Grizzly Johnson

It would make the buyers have to put forth a little more effort than just walking up to a guy at the draw with a wad of cash.....

scn

Grizzly Johnson said:
It would make the buyers have to put forth a little more effort than just walking up to a guy at the draw with a wad of cash.....

Or, it would give them the opportunity to do all of their dirty work behind the scenes and out of public view.

IMO, it is worth a try and could cut down on a lot of wasted gas going to the draws.

But, beware. The last time the Commission even discussed a computer draw a lot of duck hunters quickly mobilized a lot of political pressure.

There are issues with it as well. My guess is that you would have a lot of hunters that live well outside the area put in for the blinds. It remains to be seen if they would drive 200+ miles to build and brush blinds. But, after seeing and hearing of some of the things that are going on at the drawings, I'm ready to try something else.

scn

Main Beam said:
Pardon me but the guy said TWRA officers watched money being exchanged! cmon man! Something dont sound right

I was in a meeting with our Region I guys today on some other matters. That did not take place in our view. I think they saw hand signals, may have heard numbers discussed, but they did not see money change hands.

Grizzly Johnson

I quit going to the Big Sandy drawing because of the foolishness going on.... too many out of towners drawing blinds and the locals were SOL.... I know of people from Chattanooga going to the Big Sandy draw....

The ones causing a fuss are probably the ones making deals... they cause a fuss because their "plan" is being threatened.

Doesn't make much difference to me.... I either have to hunt public or a private property... The draw blinds, specifically the Camden Bottoms got to be too much drama cause by immature adults with big egos.

catm1

Forget it guys, nothing is going to be done as long as Big Sandy, Benton and Henry counties are profiting from the festivities and carnival atmosphere that take place at these auctions, I mean drawings. The politicos in the area will see that nothing changes. This has gone from what is best for the hunting citizens of Tennessee to what benefits a very few local guides that make money off the blinds they buy. TWRA has tried, but it is just too ingrained in politics. Why take someone to court just to have it kicked out and in some cases having the 'offending' officers chastised in court because they brought in the "wrong" person?

It's time for the feds to begin their own investigation into Lacy Act and possible RICO Act violations that take place here.

fredfred

Duck hunting is a big money sport, if you want the best spots that is. Now we just need all those duck hunters to start hog hunting :whistle:

farmin68

Tennessee Todd said:
Wow, almost makes me glad I don't duck hunt....

I grew up on KY Lake not three miles from Camden Bottoms. Duck hunted hard when I was in high school. Some of those egos mentioned are the very reason I don't hunt duck hunt there.

Now, If I want to duck hunt, I find the ducks in some timber and wait on them to come in. No boats, no blinds, etc. It is much more enjoyable.

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled
TWRA makes a pile of money off of this situation. A large number of people buy the licenses required to draw, then go to the drawing with only one thing on their mind, to sell. Mentioned before, a computer draw would make things worse. People that don't want to go sit in the heat, could then put into the draw. Also all the people from all across TN would put in for it. I don't think anyone guides there anymore.

Latest posts