Blast and Cast

david k.

I had an awesome week with my son in Montana…he put me on a bird the first morning I was there and then we chased them a few days for him…he'd killed a good one a few weeks ago so he was being more selective than me!

He passed up 2 birds and then missed the one he wanted to kill!

I felt terrible for him!

After that we decided to fish the Madison River just outside Yellowstone NP for a day and were able to catch several nice fish.

IMG_2298.jpegIMG_2286.jpegIMG_2266.jpegIMG_2238.jpegIMG_2229.jpegIMG_2215.jpeg

Last edited:

david k.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Does your son live out there?
Yeah, he moved to Bozeman a couple of years ago.

He worked summer jobs in Yellowstone NP while he was in college at Knoxville and wasn't able to get the Rockies out of his system...then when COVID hit and everyone was working from home, he asked FedEx for permission to work remotely on a permanent basis. They allowed it so he was gone!

david k.

Sounds like a great time. I'm heading out in about a week to West Yellowstone, Montana for 3 weeks and it can't get here fast enough. I plan to be on the Madison river often.
Good luck! You should hit it perfectly for some great fishing!

My wife and I are going back in early June as well. But, unfortunately, the agenda for that trip will be a little different!

Momma just wants to go see her 'baby' so he and I may be able to sneak in a little fishing if we're lucky...

fairchaser

I'm glad you were able to go with such great weather and spend this time with Daniel. I think he'd make a great game guide! You created some wonderful memories together over the years and this trip is the crown jewel. Congratulations to both of you.

Latest posts