Blackhorn 209 Anyone ?

Wobblyshot1

I don't use bh209 but am just an interested bystander. I think this is fairly recent from the Modern Muzzle Loading forum. It may give some insight but doesn't specifically address why it's the most expensive powder ever.

Hodgdon Customer Service Technician Curtis Danielson sent the following to a forum member.
'Since we do not manufacture this product, we have no control over how much is produced in a given year.
We have explored every option with our Blackhorn209 manufacturing partner to produce more product but we do not believe we will receive enough Blackhorn209 to satisfy consumer demand in 2022.
We know Blackhorn209 is the recommended powder for the CVA Paramount muzzleloader. Hodgdon is in the process of developing load data for Pyrodex and Triple 7 loose powder in the CVA Paramount and will release this data as soon as it is complete.
Hodgdon
is committed to supplying propellants to muzzleloader hunting and shooting enthusiasts and will continue to do everything in our power to meet current demand.

I would recommend Pyrodex or Triple seven in the mean time

Thank You for using our powders!

Curtis Danielson
Customer Service Technician
Hodgdon Powder Company'

Wiley

I was looking around on Midsouth Shooters yesterday and they have Blackhorn in stock for $69.99 for 8 oz. INSANITY! They also show a 5 pound jug for $496.99 out of stock. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Smo

I fired 20 rounds out of my muzzleloader last week with no wiping the bore & no crud ring…
Bear oil patched roundball & over 62.5 grns of fffg Goex humped up on my powder measure.. (Red Neck Measurement ) That's some slick stuff!

That $25 a pound Goex is looking better all the time..
Plus it's Made in America 👍🇺🇸
Carry on…🥴

Smo

Fired 20 more round balls with fffg Goex today …
Murphy's Oil Soap for patch lube…
No wiping, no crud ring ..cleaned up with 6 patches..😬👍

Just sayin'
There's more than one way too skin a cat!👍

Smo

Yes a flintlock using two pumps out of my pan primer ..
62 1/2 humped grns of fffg Goex + 2 pumps 3 grns each of ffffg and a black English flint….

Sharp enough too skin a fish with…..

Latest posts