Biting Black Gnats

Does anyone have a solution to biting black gnats? I hunt in Central MS and during this time of the year they are unbearable.

I've tried DEET, Thermacell, regular bug spray, (even tried vanilla extract from something I read online). The only method I've found to keep them away is a mosquito net but it reduces visibility so much it almost takes the fun out of it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Spurhunter

Does anyone have a solution to biting black gnats? I hunt in Central MS and during this time of the year they are unbearable.

I've tried DEET, Thermacell, regular bug spray, (even tried vanilla extract from something I read online). The only method I've found to keep them away is a mosquito net but it reduces visibility so much it almost takes the fun out of it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
The day I learned about Permethrin I was hunting with a buddy and his clothes were treated. Mine were not. Those biting black gnats tore me up and wouldn't bother him. Since I started using Permethrin they don't bother me anymore.

Rakkin6

Not sure if you have ever been to Alaska but the mosquitoes, black flies, no see ums, etc. up there in the summer are ferocious. This is the stuff I used and it works really well. Better than Deet alone.

eddie c

I was in Central Alabama a few summers ago and was constantly attacked by them. One of the locals swore by heavily spraying OFF on a bandana and tying around his neck to keep them off his face. Said the fumes kept them away. The heat and humidity was so bad that a person would sweat off anything they put on their skin.

Latest posts