Video Bit the bullet

catman529

Well I first looked at some of the newer Panasonic camcorders, and found one that looks like a good step up from mine, but the mic input is still located inside the door, and no LANC input, so I couldn't justify spending the money on it when I could save up and buy a more professional camera another time. The one I have right now (HC-V750) works very well and takes some great quality footage.

But I was also wanting to upgrade the external mic. Finally had to go and buy this one. After hearing it sampled on a few YouTube videos, that's all I needed to know. It is perfect for outdoor recording. The one I have now is good, but has had occasional issues, possibly RF interference, not sure. I want those distant gobbles to be clear and hear em drumming when they get close. The 20db gain on this should help with that. And this mic is said to have improved RF resistance and comes with a much better shock mount than my other mic.

23b273d4fbc860a8a615375b42ca19fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

fairchaser":e8t3bxnn said:
Wow, I hope for that money it's waterproof. I can't wait to see your turkey vids, Cat.
I doubt it is waterproof, but microphones get expensive fast if you want a good one. I paid 150 for my last one and it is also a stereo mic. This one comes with a 5 year warranty so as long as I dont drop it in the creek I should be fine.

catman529

Picked it up at UPS this morning and just got to messing around with it this evening. Definite improvement, and the +20db gain picked up a lot of the highway noise, and should pick up those distant gobbles too. Although if I hunt near a highway I may turn off the gain. Sound quality is very very good and the deadkitten windscreen cut out most of the wind noise. Almost zero operating noise from using the zoom toggle.

TreyB

catman529":3d5nnvg2 said:
Picked it up at UPS this morning and just got to messing around with it this evening. Definite improvement, and the +20db gain picked up a lot of the highway noise, and should pick up those distant gobbles too. Although if I hunt near a highway I may turn off the gain. Sound quality is very very good and the deadkitten windscreen cut out most of the wind noise. Almost zero operating noise from using the zoom toggle.

How do u like it so far hunting with it?

catman529

TreyB":475zz7ur said:
catman529":475zz7ur said:

How do u like it so far hunting with it?
very impressed, I keep it on +20db gain and can pick up the most distant gobbles and drumming when a bird is close. Feels like you're in the woods when you watch the footage.

I will say the way it clips into the rycote shock mount was not designed with hunting in mind. Getting lugged around rough terrain and caught in thickets and stuff will make the microphone pop off the mount sometimes. But otherwise it has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Whitetail Freak

I'm needing a new mic myself, I know with my past one anything past +4db put off too much static or white noise/ cam operating noise. Well the shock cradle it connected to wore out aND broke so I'm going to buy a rode eventually

Latest posts