Food Plots Birth of a Food Plot... video short.

bigtex

Great video and nice plot.
You wore me out dragging that seeder around though. You need a Bumper Buddy spreader [or a similar spreader] that attaches to the rear of your 4 wheeler. Will cut your fertilizing, liming [pelletized lime] and seeding time drastically.

HOOK

Yeah the broadcasting has always been my Achilles heel. I'm just glad to get a chance to try it this year. The place has been in drought the last 3 years and I haven't planted in as long.

G_Man

Cool video...i dont have land of my own to food plot on yet, but enjoy seeing and reading about it. Looking forward to having some land one day to do all this jazz on. Got an old ford 5000 that my grandpa used, dad too. Just need a few attachments for her...

HOOK

Planted Kale, Dwarf Essex Rape and Winter Wheat. I can't speak for drags. I've always used a lawn roller for cultipacking. This one I can get 600# or 75 gallons of water in it. This ensures a firm bed and seed contact.

Also this was an experiment.....I did not use a single bit of herbicide for kill out this year. We'll see how that works.

Latest posts