Binos

Jmed

Got a set of vortex talons coming. I compared with the Ziess, price tag comparison made it a no brainer!

TNRifleman

I have Vortex Diamondbacks and Vortex Viper HD's right now. The Viper HD's are superior but not by a ton considering the price difference. The Diamondback is an excellent Bino for the money.

I bought a pair of Zeiss COnquest HD's last year and on my second outing, the eye cup broke. Zeiss Customer service was terrible as it took me almost four weeks to get a new eye cup. I don't know anything about the Terra Glass but the customer service was not impressive at all.

muddyboots

Do any of the new binoculars not have the twist out eye cups? My wife and I both hate them doing that. We both have leupolds and u twist the eyepiece to where u want it and the next time u pick them up they have moved. Annoying as heck?? Any suggestions?

TNRifleman

muddyboots":2hh6z2wb said:
Do any of the new binoculars not have the twist out eye cups? My wife and I both hate them doing that. We both have leupolds and u twist the eyepiece to where u want it and the next time u pick them up they have moved. Annoying as heck?? Any suggestions?

My Vipers twist out but positively "lock" into one of three positions.

muddyboots

TNRifleman":2av2nmuc said:
muddyboots":2av2nmuc said:

How do they lock?

TNRifleman

muddyboots":3aemou5v said:
TNRifleman":3aemou5v said:
muddyboots":3aemou5v said:

How do they lock?

It's not a lock in like they can't be moved, but they basically click into the same position every time.

PillsburyDoughboy

Gvit":vwxu2g64 said:
muddyboots":vwxu2g64 said:
I have leupolds and dislike them. Looking to upgrade

Curious - what model do you have? I have Leupold Mojaves & love them - previously had Nikon Monarchs

If he had Leupolds from 10 years ago I might agree with him. Leupold Binos 10 years ago was not keeping up with Glass Technology. Dollar for dollar you were not getting the best bang for your buck. Great rugged dependable optics YES but not the best glass out there.

Sometime in the last 5 or 6 years Leupold has really stepped up their game and gotten with the program and improved greatly on their glass. They are comparable in clarity to Nikon and very close now to Zeiss. I think Zeiss still has a small edge in the clarity department in terms of glass but I like Leupolds warranty/customer service department much bettter.

Gvit

I have a buddy that hunts out west & has Leica binocs w/ the built-in rangefinders - they're amazing. After looking through them one afternoon, I decided it was time to move on past Nikon. Unfortunately, I can't justify spending 3k on binoculars - my budget was closer to $600-$700. Did a direct outdoor comparison of 8-9 different pairs, everything from Swaro, Zeiss & Leica to Vortex, Leupold, Nikon & Bushnell. In the end, dollar for dollar, Leupold BX-3 Mojave 10x42 won for me & the $400 price tag was an added bonus
For the record, I only own 1 Leupold scope & I don't even have it mounted (I'm a Meopta / Swaro guy).

Gvit

also, If I sit in the stand for 4 hours, realistically 3 of those I have a pair of binocs glued to my eyes. The Leupolds do not fatigue my eyes the least bit - Monarch's gave me a headache over time.

SpursNFeathers

Gvit":1rf6w71i said:
also, If I sit in the stand for 4 hours, realistically 3 of those I have a pair of binocs glued to my eyes. The Leupolds do not fatigue my eyes the least bit - Monarch's gave me a headache over time.

Love my Monarchs

PillsburyDoughboy

SpursNFeathers":31g2muyk said:
Gvit":31g2muyk said:

Love my Monarchs

Just pray you don't need a warranty issue

muddyboots

I got the mojaves 10 x 42. Absolutely hate them. Everytime I look at something I have to click the eye pieces where I want them. They want stay where u put them. Things are not as clear as the old monarchs I had. I guess im in the minority. Ive had em 3 years.

Boone 58

For the money the Steiner 8x42 Merlins I bought in 2004 have been the best investment and all steiners now come with lifetime warranties. I love these and they are crystal clear; I don't go to the woods without them and feel awkward if I ever accidently forget them

Latest posts