Binoculars

Model70Man

I have the Promaster Infinity Elite ELX 8x42. Many bino reviews rate them optically with the alpha bino's. I like them and should use them more than I do.

Zen Ray also makes a great bino for the money.

TNReb

I have the Leupold BX-3 Mojave 8x42 (I got them at a big discount). I love them. THey're "on sale" right now for $379 at Cabelas. You might be able to find them cheaper on Ebay or something.

You should consider the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD. I've read tons of great reviews on them.

bigtex

I've used my old Steiner 8X30 Military Marine binocs for many years and they are still my favorites.
I prefer them because you focus them for your eyes and never have to fiddle with constantly focusing them. Unless for very far or very near.
Had them so long the rubber coating is off them now but they still work great.

drrxnupe

Thanks guys! I've kinda narrowed my list to what's available at BassPro. I've got a few reward points in addition to a gift card from my boss. That said, my budget can move up a bit. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to stop by Basspro and check any out. Therefore, I'm relying on reviews and testimonies.

Leupold, Zeiss, and Steiner are all offering rebates from $30 up to $100. They also have a few Vortex models. I have a Vortex scope that I absolutely love. I wonder if their binoculars offer the same quality??

W.Seay

As much as I like zeiss scopes ,their binoculars we're disappointing. I haven't seen anything that holds a candle to the Pentax dcf sp series. I've owned nikon monarchs, steiners, zeiss and the Pentax are much better!

TheLBLman

bigtex said:
I've used my old Steiner 8X30 Military Marine binocs for many years and they are still my favorites.
I prefer them because you focus them for your eyes and never have to fiddle with constantly focusing them.

Except mine are the "NightHunter" version, but still the porro-prism design with the huge clear depth of field.

This design is far superior when scanning, looking for game since so much more of what you're viewing is in clear focus (unlike most roof prism binoculars).

.444 Marlin

Maybe its just me but ill stick with my $30 bushnell 10x42s that have been through rain, cold, heat, dirt, mud, snow and being dropped from a tree and still work like they were new. IMO if you see it, you see it. If you dont, you dont. My el cheapos have let me watch deer from a hundred yards to 7-800yd as long as I wanted in low or good light.

rj112275

For years, I've had a pair of Steiner Nighthunter XP in 8x30. They have been very useful and I've enjoyed them a lot. Recently I've gone through a couple of the very $$$ Leica and Swaro's. WOW!

Needless to say the optics of a $1500 pair of binoculars is awesome.

Anyone interested in some Steiners for cheap!???