Big South Fork

PDenning25

Spent last weekend up there and road several trails
It was my first time out trail riding and I never knew it wore you out like it did
Had a great time with my kids and we all slept like babies
I will get some pics posted soon
Pat

Doe-lusional

so you can ride atv's at Big south fork? I was wonderin that. I've only ridden horseback up there. I didn't know if you could take four wheelers up there or not. are there certain trails you have to stick to?

PickettSFHunter

you can ride in parts. The park officials are tryin their darndest to get it stopped. Best rule of thumb is to have something alot faster than the park ranger lol We aas a community will never stop riding there no matter what the park officials say. They have allowed these horse riders from out of town and out of state to rule that flippin place.

mike243

thats a fedral run park & not managed by twra,i think they need to stop the horses & non hunters during hunting season,been hunting during rifle up there with orange & everything on,joggers & family hikers come on by & wave at you up in tree stands & not a lick of brite clothing on,i like catossa,BIG GAME HUNTERS ONLY!,mike243

scott co htr

mike when it comes to the Big South Fork Park everything is catered to the horse riders and non hunters. We call it the Big South Fork Horse Park. People who did not live around here before the park cannot understand what the local people have had to put up with.

PickettSFHunter

scott co hunter, I am young and wasnt here before the park but I have heard the stories. The majority of people around here wish that the land was still in private hands so it would actually be utilized by the people. Thats why Im always leery about the government getting new "public" land.

mopar

i tell ya somebody's gonna wind up getting shot up there and more than likely they'll stop hunting then i would like to see one of the joggers get chased by a wild hog or maybe one of the horse riders come up on a sow bear with cubs

scott co htr

What gets me is that you can be talking to some of the rangers and being here a couple of years they know more about the area than people who was raised here.

scott co htr

Steven I'll tell you a good one. We was at Parch Corn one day where the cabin used to stand above the creek. It has since been burnt down. A park ranger came up and was talking to my mom telling her first one thing then another about the area and the life people had around there in the old days. Mom listened to this until she got tired of it. She told the ranger, you see that cabin. I was born in that cabin and raised on this river, chased cows all over these hollers. Worked daylight to dark hoeing corn in the bottoms and a lot more I can't remember, but when she got through that ranger wasted no time in making excuses as to why he had to leave. I have heard her tell a lot of stories about living on the river. The way she talked it was a hard life..

cecil30-30

I didn't know that they had actual atv trails up there.I have been horseback riding to just about every place in big south fork.I knew you could ride them on the gravel roads.Do they have actual trails?I wouldn't mind going up there and trying them out.

Latest posts