Big south fork hog hunt

tnmedic2647

Anyone seeing any? Thinking of making plans for the Jan 20- Feb 28 special season. I killed one there 10 years ago but haven't hunted there in years.

cecil30-30

stik said:
anybody with any advice on where to start would be great.
Bandy Creek has alot of them, down along the creek bottom it is absolutly ate up with sign every year,and in the summer up on top in the fields where the apple trees are,they wear them trees out,looks like a hog pen under them..But Im not gonna say you will see them,I've been up there several times hunting them and never seen one,and I ride horses there quite a bit and have only seen 1..Big Black one..He was huge.

dmitchell28

well Im by no means professional. I would say most of the major sign would be down on the river. Given Cecil is right, there will be lots of sign on top, but its hard to get up with them. If your willing to put in lots of walking time and travel time, I would recommend somewhere like "No Business" or Station Camp. You will probably have to bring a canoe. But this is what I would do. Trust me, you will be able to see where the hogs are.

Latest posts