Big Johnson owes REN a beer

REN

@wjohnson1983 owes @REN a beer.

If you haven't heard yet, MT has royally screwed up. REN, do you know who the vendor is that handles the MT draw?

currently Montana runs their own internal built system (which sucks). Same as a few other states like North Carolina, AZ, and KY. They save a lot of money in doing so but like all other internal built systems they have MAJOR flaws in them.

Buzzard Breath

currently Montana runs their own internal built system (which sucks). Same as a few other states like North Carolina, AZ, and KY. They save a lot of money in doing so but like all other internal built systems they have MAJOR flaws in them.
I would have admitted guilt, even if it wasn't your company. Will buys the good beer. 😃 (or, whatever your refreshing beverage of choice is)

AT Hiker

Their flaws this year are epic. People are getting tags instead of refund checks, some people are getting multiple tags plus a refund...not sure how they are going to handle this one.

I bet ya next year it will be 100% digital, no more paper tags.

REN

Their flaws this year are epic. People are getting tags instead of refund checks, some people are getting multiple tags plus a refund...not sure how they are going to handle this one.

I bet ya next year it will be 100% digital, no more paper tags.

doubtful, lots of pushback internally and from Law Enforcement still on that out west (even in states like Nevada). Takes commission change as well as legal change sometimes which can take a long time to do.

Montana even passed legislation last year to require their system to be inhouse and cannot even legally shop around now for a better vendor option. Western states are by far the most complicated and political ones out there. its wild to hear the inside scoop on a lot of the goings on behind closed doors

backyardtndeer

Guess this was the year to apply, doubt they let this type accident happen again. Will they have a way to track those who got both tags and refunds? Should those "fortunate ones" expect later contact?

AT Hiker

Guess this was the year to apply, doubt they let this type accident happen again. Will they have a way to track those who got both tags and refunds? Should those "fortunate ones" expect later contact?
The department said they will be requesting the tags back via self returned envelopes. I will venture to guess not all tags will be returned.

AT Hiker

Agreed however if you are caught in the field with an invalidated tag you will still get the same punishment.
My question is how will they get caught? Will LE have a list and have to double check each time they do a license check? I know on certain days they have mandatory game checks but outside that I don't know how they would check.
for example, where I hunt in MT cell service doesn't exist so they would have to have something downloaded and have to spend time checking to make sure my tag is legit.

REN

My question is how will they get caught? Will LE have a list and have to double check each time they do a license check? I know on certain days they have mandatory game checks but outside that I don't know how they would check.
for example, where I hunt in MT cell service doesn't exist so they would have to have something downloaded and have to spend time checking to make sure my tag is legit.

They have the ability to offline look up customer records that show what valid license you have on file. In addition if you report one it will obviously be easy to find.

AT Hiker

They have the ability to offline look up customer records that show what valid license you have on file. In addition if you report one it will obviously be easy to find.
Cool, I didn't know they could look offline.
MT is not a mandatory check in, they randomly call people post season…unless of course you go through a check point.

REN

Cool, I didn't know they could look offline.
MT is not a mandatory check in, they randomly call people post season…unless of course you go through a check point.

Well I say they do. I should say they USE TO have the ability to offline download customer files before going out into the field. If they actually still do it and the officer doesn't flake that is.

wjohnson1983

We'll I still don't have a refund check either.

I've been buying points in the past and played the game this year. MT has been a disaster compared to all of the other states thus far.

Latest posts