Big cat…right?

tree_ghost

Don't get to see many of these where I hunt so I think this is pretty cool. Seems like a good sized one to me…? I'd love to have a full Mount of a big bobcat one day. Maybe I can get a crack at him in the fall.

Attachments

• AAECDEA0-A1FA-4DA4-9455-DD8429E3E8DF.jpeg
    AAECDEA0-A1FA-4DA4-9455-DD8429E3E8DF.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 307

Andy S.

Nice'un, just make sure it is November 19 or later when you pull the trigger. Over the years, I have seen numerous hunters post photos of them with a dead bobcat in October and early November.

Last edited:

Madbowh

I don't get to many pics of them, that is a good size one. Iwould like to have a full mount of one. I also would've like to had a all black coyote I shot last year mounted but I ain't find anyone that'll do that. Anyone know of a good taxidermist anywhere east of Cookeville that would do a full coyote or bobcat mount? Also anyone know a good taxidermist anywhere east of Cookeville north of Sweetwater for mounting deer.

backyardtndeer

Looks like a nice sized cat. As Andy said above, make sure you don't kill one before season opens. For as long as I can remember, the season on them in Tennessee has opened with the regular rifle season. Check the handbook to be sure.

Used to get tons of trail cam pics of them, before the woods next to me was timbered out. I still normally see at least two or three every year, usually before the gun season opens though. I do have one mounted.

TheLBLman

They also eat the snot out of turkeys, especially those under a year old, as well as strutting Toms in the spring.

Over the past couple decades, I've noticed an "evolution" in the hunting tactics of both bobcats & coyotes, and I believe it has much to do with their shifting to focusing more on hunting turkeys.

What I'm observing is much more mid-day (daylight) hunting activity by bobcats and coyotes, and it's usually obvious they are hunting turkeys. In times past, I rarely saw bobcats or coyotes hunting in mid-day.

Knothead

I get quite a few pics of bobcats on my lease I see quite a few during archery season but not legal then. By the time legal rolls around in November, I see very few. They must have the same season dates calendar as I have. 😆

1630605076048.jpg

Latest posts