Big Bear needs to go.

TheLBLman

The key word is restocking. That means they are native to the area. Why would you not want them where God put them originally? I understand if they were not native.
Why not restock native bison into your part of TN? 🙂
Why would you not want them where God put them originally?

Maybe a pack of timber wolves as well?

timberjack86

I love having bears here in East TN, but it's a different story when they hang out steps from where the kids play
IMG_20210424_183641782_MP.jpg

Chickencoop96

Since getting pics of this bear on the opening weekend of turkey season he has been making his rounds and coming thru the farm about every 3-4 days.
Last night he killed a newborn calf we had just tagged the day before and we believe he is responsible for killing 3-4 more on the neighboring farm.
People who say bears are only a problem if you purposely feed them are batcrap crazy.
The morons in Nashville and the NPS who started the restocking of these in the plateau 2-3 decades ago should be held accountable for every penny of destruction they cause. They blatantly lied to get the well wishes of the general public on their restocking program.
This is the biggest of the 3-4 different beer we have traveling thru the property. They have virtually zero fear of humans. They will follow you while you hunt.
Gonna have to get me a set of Decent Bear dogs and get to thinning these jokers out. legally of course.

Chickencoop96

I agree. Historically black bears posed a very low risk to humans and beautiful creatures. I care nothing about hunting them, but Im sure their are lots of people who enjoy hunting them
unlike like much other wildlife in TN that were hunted almost into extinction, bears and other predators were killed in droves due to their threat to livestock and of course people, but times are different and not everyone raises and relies on livestock to live like they did many years ago. and there certainly isn't near as much land as there was back then, Still there's too much regulation on bear hunting and few bear hunters from what i understand, therefore you have an ever growing bear population and at some point when any population gets over a certain amount they will become sort of a nuisance

GreeneGriz

I live in the Bear Hunting "Mecca" in East Tennessee where the season runs for months and allows hounds and have seen more bear from the roads in one weekend visiting my parents in Fentress County than I've seen in 15 years of living in Greene county and traveling their backroads everyday and BEAR HUNTING with dogs. Lol.
TWRA has dropped the ball on bear management around the BSF. What's funny is their wildlife officers will agree with you "off the record".

whats crazy is i can remember folks talking about how the black bears were nearly endangered around here. now their like weeds