Best week?

thejetman

I have a vacation week I need to take. In everyone's opinion. What would be the best week to take off in November? Cause I'm gonna be in the woods that whole week lol

BSK

That would depend on where you hunt. I would want to hunt the week before breeding peaks; i.e. at the peak of the "cruising phase" for bucks.

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
i always take time off during muzzleloader, but have taken my best 2 bucks opening weekend of rifle. this was in Humphreys & Dickson county

Winchester

I would recommend either the week before Rifle season opens or the first week of rifle season for this area.

Winchester

BSK said:
thejetman said:
I hunt only royal blue wma. It's the closest to my house......

Anyone know when peak breeding around Royal Blue occurs? I don't have any data from that area.
I hunt this same general area quite a bit BSK and IMO peak breeding occurs right around Thanksgiving and the week following.
For 15 yrs now the biggest/oldest bucks will be on their feet more in daylight hours from Nov 10 - 27

thejetman

Wow guys thanks a bunch! I would love to meet some other people that hunt Royal Blue. Maybe we can come up with a strategy and work as a team?

Andy S.

For the area I hunt in SW TN, I have traditionally taken off work the first two weeks of rifle (Nov 23 - Dec 8 this year) and hunted every day. As for this season, I am seriously thinking about not setting my dates in stone, watching the weather closely, and hunting the "best weather days" per se between Nov 9 and Dec 8. Two to three years of less than desirable weather, temps and so-so daylight deer movement during my days off has driven me to consider this approach.

BSK

Winchester said:
BSK said:
thejetman said:
I hunt only royal blue wma. It's the closest to my house......

Anyone know when peak breeding around Royal Blue occurs? I don't have any data from that area.
I hunt this same general area quite a bit BSK and IMO peak breeding occurs right around Thanksgiving and the week following.
For 15 yrs now the biggest/oldest bucks will be on their feet more in daylight hours from Nov 10 - 27

Thanks much Winchester. I was hoping you would know.

Latest posts