best week for turkey season

turkeyhunter

The weather plays such a big factor, its hard to tell when is the best week. When the dogwood trees start blooming seems to the best time.

make them gobble

last year i harvested a bird opening day, the best gobbling morning i have ever had. my buddy missed within 15 min of first set up, got on 6 birds all together gobbling every minute until 830 am then got on another but saw something he didnt like at around 50 yards then walking back had two fire up by themselves and killed on eof them at 930. then last day of season killed one at 1230 in afternoon, got in woods at 1130 and called three in hammering from a long ways off so i would say any time you can get out there. i go just about every morning

woodsman87

Its hard to say. My area last week of April is best because hens are setting. If you got enough land and time to go you should kill your limit in that week.
Other than that week, the first week because non pressure and they ain't all dead.

Mike Belt

It's a trade off. The first couple of weeks before they get pressured too much and the tail end of the season because alot of hens are on the nests and you have less natural competition although now they've been pressured. I always hear more gobbling earlier in the season. I'm off March 30- May 12. Only problem is I have nowhere to hunt. I put in for a couple of draws for the first time in several years.

Spurhunter

Mike Belt said:
It's a trade off. The first couple of weeks before they get pressured too much and the tail end of the season because alot of hens are on the nests and you have less natural competition although now they've been pressured. I always hear more gobbling earlier in the season.

My thoughts exactly.

Spurhunter

Mike Belt said:
I'm off March 30- May 12. Only problem is I have nowhere to hunt. I put in for a couple of draws for the first time in several years.

I would be at LBL for both of the open weeks. The birds are famous for being hard to kill, but there's plenty of them. Plus, it's beautiful country and you could take your boat and mix in some fishing trips.