Best scope under $300?

TNRifleman

You would be hard pressed to find a better one under $300 than the Vortex Diamondback HP if you wanted to buy new. A used Conquest or higher end Minox would be great too if you can find one.

CATCHDAWG

TNRifleman":1tqmivtu said:
You would be hard pressed to find a better one under $300 than the Vortex Diamondback HP if you wanted to buy new. A used Conquest or higher end Minox would be great too if you can find one.
^^^All of the above^^^ Vortex makes some great optics!

lungpuncher1

wsm":2dra5rwh said:
You can get a Leupold vx 2 under $300.00.
I just bought my second vx2 4-12x40 cds on eBay. One guy has them on there for 277 and so far they have been awesome.

Your not going to find a zeiss conquest for around 300. There all around 400.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sll

You can get a Leupold VX-3I in 3.5-10x40 for about $280 all day long anymore. Leupold still makes a quality product but they shot themselves in the foot when they came out with all of the cheaper models that Walmart sells.

TnTurk

You can get a Nikon prostaff 5 for around $225. I bought one last year and it's a quality scope for the price. Supposed to have taken the place of the old monarch scopes. Definitely not the same as the older prostaff models.

Jcalder

TnTurk":15295a9c said:
You can get a Nikon prostaff 5 for around $225. I bought one last year and it's a quality scope for the price. Supposed to have taken the place of the old monarch scopes. Definitely not the same as the older prostaff models.
I have a prostaff 5 and my one complaint is it's short. Using standard bases it wouldn't fit on a savage 110. I'm sure I could changed bases and made it work, but I swapped rifles instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcalder

lungpuncher1":361lf315 said:
wsm":361lf315 said:
I just bought my second vx2 4-12x40 cds on eBay. One guy has them on there for 277 and so far they have been awesome.

how well do you like the cds. I've narrowed my search down to the scope you got and a diamondback hp 4-16. I like the magnification of the vortex but I want a simple reticle like the leupold has.

lungpuncher1

Jcalder":9qyzor8p said:
lungpuncher1":9qyzor8p said:
wsm":9qyzor8p said:

how well do you like the cds. I've narrowed my search down to the scope you got and a diamondback hp 4-16. I like the magnification of the vortex but I want a simple reticle like the leupold has.

I was in the same boat and honestly I like the leupold better than both my vipers. They are just so solid. The leupolds are better in lowlight also, for my eyes at least.

I haven't sent my cds dials in yet but i have messed with them some and they are very precise from what i can tell. I'm very happy with them. Ones on a rem700 7mm08 and the other a tikka 270. So not much abuse but they've held up great so far.

Since I haven't been able to find an older conquest for a decent price in a while I've bought burris, Bushnell 4200, vortex up to the viper line and now leupold vx2. And the vx2 has came the closest to the conquest.