Berger bullets on deer.

squirrel_hunter

Anyone shooting bergers on deer. I been using them for a while. They do alot of damage. I use them in several rifles.
280 rem 140 gr vld
7mm mag 168 gr vld
280AI 168 gr vld going to a 180 gr vld .
204 ruger 35 gr hp. For coyotes.

megalomaniac

Excellent uniformity, great groups on paper.

Absolute grenades on live animals at 3200fps and up impact velocities.

Much like nosler ballistic tips... in high velocity magnums at normal ranges, I've learned to go with a bonded bullet instead.

backyardtndeer

I have some 95 gr 6mm vld's that I want to load for 6arc and 243 for testing, but I have not loaded any yet. Had been loading Hornady 100 grain interbonds for 243 and they have done well for my girls. I have been using eldx for 308 and 6.5cm with very good results on deer. Load the eldx for 270 as well, but yet to shoot a deer with the handloads.

squirrel_hunter

I shot a yearing last year. The exit hole was unreal. When i run across bergers i always buy some. I been shooting hogs with my 204 ruger. Using a 35 gr berger i have killed several with it.

ADR

They will be shipping to distributors in mid Sept, so keep an eye out.

The 215 will be a great pairing for that rifle and you'll love the performance on game as well.
Thanks for the heads up
I know a lot of people use them out west at distance with good results.

squirrel_hunter

I talked to a guy at berger today. He said the 175 gr would be shipping in the next week or two. Then they would goto a warehouse set for 2 weeks then shipped to businesses. I started looking at the hornady eld x and m in 162gr. 175gr in eld x to try out on paper. Maybe try them on pigs.

puppy

Shot 2 140-150lbs bucks with a 300RUM and 210 Bergers, both were devastating to the deer but I will stick to Hammers or TTSX going forward.

Red-Team-98

Save the shoulder if using Berger Bullets massive expansion high neck or lung shot only please !
The 168gr and 185gr Classic Hunters are very user friendly to load at max spec. Accuracy is excellent if I am using Bergers stay away from good meat areas of game massive fragmentation I always shoot for the lungs. Instant bang flop results in 308 Win. on Caribou. Love the accuracy of the Berger Classic hunters bullets. But prefer a good bonded or tougher bullet. Shot one moose with ELDX never again ! I have had better performance from Hornady with their old Spitzer SP than ELDX.

Last edited:

Latest posts