benelli supernova?

rukiddin

ugliest gun on the market, but then again with todays guns, they all are imo. But looks don't kill ducks either. Benelli's are way overrated. Too much rattle in the nova's. They just don't feel tight. 870 wingmaster......nuff said.

THE ONE

rukiddin? said:
ugliest gun on the market, but then again with todays guns, they all are imo. But looks don't kill ducks either. Benelli's are way overrated. Too much rattle in the nova's. They just don't feel tight. 870 wingmaster......nuff said.
Must not have shot a sbe2!

UpperTully

Ive shot the SBE SBE2 Nova and Super Nova. The Benelli pump feels like a cheap turkish made gun to me and it did rattle, not a very tight gun. Its not much difference from the Stoeger 3.5 Pump. The benelli auto is very over priced for it to be a recoil belting non gas operating shotgun.

I'd second the Remington 870 however in a Super Mag 3.5 if your wanting the larger firepower. I have shot the Supermag for almost 10 years now and have had no problems with the gun jamming or any other malfunction. Also another great gun to consider is the Browning BPS which is a better build than the Benelli Nova and SuperNova. The BPS also comes in 3" and 3.5" options to.

rukiddin

THE ONE said:
rukiddin? said:
Must not have shot a sbe2!

yeah i have. I would'nt talk junk about'em if I had never owned/used/shot one. Never had nothing but problems out of'em, and honestly, a lot of people that I hunt with have had problems out of theres too. They shoulder great and feel good, but I'm yet to see one that functions properly for an extended period of time. Everyone says, clean'em after you hunt and their fine, well I got news for ya, if you have to clean a gun after everytime you hunt with it, then its junk. I know theres poor quality and lemons in every make/model of gun, but after dealing with benelli and getting burned, there tops on my sh..craplist right now.

762hunter

I'm a long time 870 lover and have 3 in the safe now.

My duck gun is the NOVA. been hunting with it 5 years now.
I like it and really like it over the 870 due to the shell switch buttom in the pump.

Scud

We have seven members in our duck club six shoot a SBE and one shoots a SBE 2. Each shoots between one and two cases of 3 1/2 duck loads per season plus several boxes of dove loads. No one has had a problem with their gun in 7 years. (2 years on the SBE 2). We have shot Remingtons and Brownings before we switched to the Benelis. I'll never shoot anything else again. I have shot my SBE since 2000, well over 5,000 shots, and only remember the gun jamming three times. My 11-87 would jam three times per day.

BIGORANGE

MemphisBuckHunter said:
Ive shot the SBE SBE2 Nova and Super Nova. The Benelli pump feels like a cheap turkish made gun to me and it did rattle, not a very tight gun. Its not much difference from the Stoeger 3.5 Pump. The benelli auto is very over priced for it to be a recoil belting non gas operating shotgun.

I'd second the Remington 870 however in a Super Mag 3.5 if your wanting the larger firepower. I have shot the Supermag for almost 10 years now and have had no problems with the gun jamming or any other malfunction. Also another great gun to consider is the Browning BPS which is a better build than the Benelli Nova and SuperNova. The BPS also comes in 3" and 3.5" options to.
x2 :grin:

yamahahunter

i heard that remington shotguns have really droped in quality in the past couple years... and i hear the m887 is junk thats y im thinkin about the supernova.

SloaneRanger

Wow..

I'm surprized by some of the reported 'Benelli Reliability' issues although anyone can turn out a lemon once in a while..I don't drink the Benelli Kool Aid necessarily and I own a Beretta and have had a Mossberg as well that I also like very much..

The inertia system does not like light 7/8oz and 1oz loads and will sometimes fail to cycle..but if you're in a duck blind you won't be using those...

I have had 1 Nova, 1 Super Nova and a SBE II. Never had a problem with any of them. My SBE II is my 'go to' gun & the Super Nova is a Turkey version with the steady grip stock and a Burris speedot sight for the longbeards..
Being that I am in E TN and we have no ducks I don't fire a flat of shells each season but I have not cleaned my SBE II once since before the dove opener apart from running a bore-snake down it. I have shot a couple of rounds of sporting clays this season, several boxes in the field out back and a box or two hunting so maybe 400-500 rds and had not a hiccup. In fact never a hiccup since I got the gun with maybe 1000 rds total..

The Remington 887 is their Benelli knock-off so the Benelli design must have some redeeming qualities..

As far as reliability the USMC has used the Benelli M4 for their standard combat shotgun for almost two decades, as do a few other units. I would imagine that when you kick in a door of some slum in Marjah and are face to face with a hajii with an AK that reliability of your weapon is a high priority...Now the M4 is an ARGO system not an Inertia system but it's still a Benelli..The inertia system is very simple and (I think) effective and of course no 'O' rings to change out...

My Nova had that awful 'rattle' that was annoying and drove me crazy but not mechanically problematic...the Super Nova has no such rattle....
To each his own as they say...

ladyduckkiller

My first duck hunting gun was a 870....It kicked my butt after a day of shooting 3 1/2's....I went and bought a Benelli M2! I Absolutely loved it...except when it jammed....And it would if I did not keep it clean....I passed it on down to my nephew and now shoot a SBEII....It equally jams if not cleaned....I don't really have anything bad to say about them except for keep em clean....I went and bought my ex a SBE for Valentine's one year...and he picks his Superx2 up before he will his benelli...I shot it for a few days last year(his superx2)....If I went to buy another gun I think I would buy a Superx2 other than spending another $1500 on a Benelli!...Just my opinion though....All the guys I hunt with shoot Benelli's, 870's, or 10 gauges!....

Ripley Whitetail

I have owned the super nova for 6 years and i am pretty hard on all my duck hunting stuff. Never had a problem out of it. the best gun i have ever owned

danny1975

i got a supernova and a sbe2 and never had any problems with either one jamming. but i dont shoot nothing but 3" and 3.5# . the only problem i have with sbe2 is that its light and i swing to fast when trying to pass shoot . but thats me not the gun , buts its like any gun you got to clean them.

Latest posts