Benelli SBE2 and Jebs .650

catchem3434

Went to pattern my SBE2 today with new jebs .650. Did not go as planned. Used jebs recommended Long beards num 6s 3.5in. And I was just using factory sights. At 20 it knocked a while clear thru bulls eye but some of over spray was to the left. It got worse at 30 and terrible at 40. I left a friend shoot it and his results were basically the same. And hell would be greatly appreciated?!? Looks like the 870 will still be my go to gun unless I can get this worked out?!? Thanks!

52a177ce3dff22bd594a08481726db9c.jpg
312eaeb914c6581445083f3ddad2bfbf.jpg
7204b4b0f20447b51259fedd1e611998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catchem3434

Barnes Ridge Rambler":3eq7nlbg said:
You may need an optic to help get it zeroed where you want it.

Yeah I figured that would be the response I would get! Just hate to go that way since always shot a bead but guess may not have a choice if I plan on using this setup! Thanks!

Southern Sportsman

It would be worth trying. A little less shot being forced through the tube may help. Have you hunted with this gun before? If so, does it shoot POA with other loads/chokes? Some guns just dont shoot true with only a bead.

REN

Shoot your factory full and see if it is shooting POA or if the Jebs is throwing it left. Also may want to open it up to 655 to try. 650 isn't super tight for a sbe2 and a lot of people shoot that construction out of them.

I'd start with the factory full and go from there. If it shoots POA then I'd send the choke back to Jebs for a 655 or my money back. I'm not a Jebs fan personally but they make a decent choke

catchem3434

REN":1jmg929x said:
Shoot your factory full and see if it is shooting POA or if the Jebs is throwing it left. Also may want to open it up to 655 to try. 650 isn't super tight for a sbe2 and a lot of people shoot that construction out of them.

I'd start with the factory full and go from there. If it shoots POA then I'd send the choke back to Jebs for a 655 or my money back. I'm not a Jebs fan personally but they make a decent choke

Thanks I will try it. Will jebs actually refund money just because it does not pattern correctly?!?

catchem3434

Southern Sportsman":af1hqme2 said:
It would be worth trying. A little less shot being forced through the tube may help. Have you hunted with this gun before? If so, does it shoot POA with other loads/chokes? Some guns just dont shoot true with only a bead.

Yes I duck hunted all season with it and RR choke and hit like I never have before. Great for waterfowl!

Latest posts