Benelli help please....

REM7

Im wanting a shotgun that does it all. I want to be able to hunt dove, duck, turkey and any other game of that nature with just one gun without changing parts. So out of the Benelli line which will best suit my needs. I looked at the Super Vinci, Vinci and Super Black Eagle 2. All them seem bout same in function. Any advice is appreciated.

matt_brown

I shoot a sbeII and I love it. the only problem it that you have to keep it super clean and well lubed. I was told by a man one time that I was buying a high dollar single shot and when it gets cold its true. once the temps get into the teens the action is slow and it jams up but I'm happy

infoman jr.

If you're stuck on Benelli, I'd choose the SBE2. The Vinci is the most non-ergonomic gun I've ever fired. Having fired pretty much every semi-auto shotgun around that price range, it was the worst.

TNTomtaker01

Sbe2 I own two of them and never a problem! I can't stand the safety on the Vinci. The trick is running it with little to no lube when it gets cold or dusty that lube turns gummy and slows everything down.

TRHC

matt_brown said:
I shoot a sbeII and I love it. the only problem it that you have to keep it super clean and well lubed. I was told by a man one time that I was buying a high dollar single shot and when it gets cold its true. once the temps get into the teens the action is slow and it jams up but I'm happy

If you read a Benelli owners manual you will see that it suggest only a small amount of lube. By small, it means like ONE drop in the bolt slides. By running it almost "dry", you will never have the sluggish action or jams associated with it. I think a benelli M2 may be one of the finest hunting shotguns ever made.

WGK

You can't go wrong with a sbeII. I have had mine since 1998 and I love. I too have super 90 20gu that I am very fond of.

rukiddin

I am yet to see a 3 1/2" benelli that will cylce light loads reliably. If your stuck on Benelli, then look at the M1.

Some will say there SBE's will cycle light loads, and they may, but the gun is not designed to do it. Thats a lot money to spend on a gun that won't shoot everything. jmo. For the same money, you can buy a Beretta A400 that IS designed to shoot everything from the lightest target loads to the heaviest magnums. I'm around a lot of shotguns and shoot skeet and sporting clays with browning o/u's, but the A400 is one helluva shotgun.

Benelli 4 Life

rukiddin? said:
I am yet to see a 3 1/2" benelli that will cylce light loads reliably. If your stuck on Benelli, then look at the M1.

Some will say there SBE's will cycle light loads, and they may, but the gun is not designed to do it. Thats a lot money to spend on a gun that won't shoot everything. jmo. For the same money, you can buy a Beretta A400 that IS designed to shoot everything from the lightest target loads to the heaviest magnums. I'm around a lot of shotguns and shoot skeet and sporting clays with browning o/u's, but the A400 is one helluva shotgun.
How light a load are you talkin about? My dad has a SBE that he has used for 13 years and not one single time has it ever failed to cycle a shell. I bet its had 40 cases of shells ran through it. Same goes for my SBE2 but its only had bout 3 cases ran through it. We only use shells with at least a 1&1/8oz shot though,not no junk 1oz or less. I don't know if they would cycle them or not. A lot of auto guns wont cycle them el cheapo shells. I have a SBE2 and a M1 and I prefer my SBE2 because it will shoot 3 1/2 in shells and it just feels better in my hands.

rukiddin

Benelli 4 Life said:
rukiddin? said:

How light a load are you talkin about? My dad has a SBE that he has used for 13 years and not one single time has it ever failed to cycle a shell. I bet its had 40 cases of shells ran through it. Same goes for my SBE2 but its only had bout 3 cases ran through it. We only use shells with at least a 1&1/8oz shot though,not no junk 1oz or less. I don't know if they would cycle them or not. A lot of auto guns wont cycle them el cheapo shells. I have a SBE2 and a M1 and I prefer my SBE2 because it will shoot 3 1/2 in shells and it just feels better in my hands.
I'm talking 1oz target loads. I'll sound like a wuss, but those 1 1/8th oz loads will make a big difference on your shoulder if you shoot a lot of sporting clays. My 12 gauge reloads are 1200fps, 7/8oz of 9's. I know for a fact a benelli SBEII and a Benelli Supersport will not cycle them, but then again, the SBE is not designed for that either. You would think the supersport would have since its a target gun, but it would not. That would'nt be that big of a deal, but I've saw 2 different browning Maxus's eject them with ease, a Beretta A400 and a Beretta Teknys eject them fine. But the A400 was incredibly fast cycling. Just because their 1oz loads, does'nt mean their cheap loads. I know a lot of guys that only shoot 1oz Nobel sport and 1oz rio's. By definition, their "cheap" loads, but gas guns never seem to have a problem with them. I'm not bashing benelli, I had a M1 20 gauge and the gun handled incredibly well and I actually shoot them fairly well too, but it was nothing but a problem from day one. I'll take gas over inertia driven anyday. I just can't justify spending that much on a high end semi-auto and the gun not be capable of shooting anything I put in it, especially when there are others of comparible price, that will.

Latest posts