Bell pepper problems?

Hollar Hunter

I got 3 plants that have had leaves turn black, shrivel up, and fall off.I don't know if its somekind of fungus or mold? There are also some holes in the leaves but I found 1 horned worm I think their called. Could just one worm mess up 3 big plants? There's a dozen other bell pepper plants around them that have very little damage if any. These plants are a good 36 inches+ and I hate to see them getting damaged...please help!

downsized_06290109411.jpg
[/img]

downsized_0629010941a1.jpg
[/img]

fishboy1

My bell peppers had the exact same problem last year.
No idea what caused it or what to do about it.

Hope somebody has some info.

Hollar Hunter

Seriously am I the only one? I'm about to loose all my bell pepper plants somebody has to have the remedy?

Chapman

Have you checked for aphids under the leaves? They can cause problems when they get a lot of them on a plant. If it is some kind of disease you may just have to pull them out to keep it from spreading to your other plants. I had a pepper this year that had deformed leaves. I broke off some branches and the new growth came back the same way so I pulled it up and the rest of my plants were ok. http://plant-disease.ippc.orst.edu/plan ... le=disease This is a good site to look up plant diseases.

Hollar Hunter

THANKS for the input Chapman....I was considering pulling them before it spreads just hard to do after they grew so nice and big after 2 months of watering and weeding....

Latest posts