Beginner trapper looking for advice about this weekend

Just started trapping this season. With the weather and temp changes we are supposed to have this weekend, what do you recommend? I pulled my traps a couple days ago because I wasnt gonna be able to check them for a couple of days. The plan was to go out tomorrow(friday) morning and set them out again. Still planning on doing that but Im wondering if I should pull them again on Saturday morning because of the storm followed by below freezing temps on Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning? Wondering if I need to worry about my traps freezing up if I leave them out and not catching anything.

Remington700

You can still run your trap line as long as traps are set prepared for freezing temps. Using waxed dirt, etc. should be fine just not as fun braving those conditions.

Trapper

Look at the post in ( setting traps in the rain ) there is a link I posted that will help you out . That's if you are setting for foxes and coyotes. If you setting water I would hold off, the river might be up a while if we get the rain they are saying we are going to get.

Thanks yall. The pics are the results from this past weekend. I've gotten opossum before but this was my first coon and first skunk. Plus I got some good pics of a nice grey fox on my trail cam, I'll be hunting him this coming weekend(dont have the traps for fox, yote, or cat yet, all I've got are a few dp's and live cage traps).

Attachments

• 20190122_094536.jpg
    20190122_094536.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,725
  • 20190122_093934.jpg
    20190122_093934.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 1,726
  • 20190119_111143.jpg
    20190119_111143.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,725

Speedwell-Hunter

Just started trapping this season. With the weather and temp changes we are supposed to have this weekend, what do you recommend? I pulled my traps a couple days ago because I wasnt gonna be able to check them for a couple of days. The plan was to go out tomorrow(friday) morning and set them out again. Still planning on doing that but Im wondering if I should pull them again on Saturday morning because of the storm followed by below freezing temps on Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning? Wondering if I need to worry about my traps freezing up if I leave them out and not catching anything.
All depends on what you use. Lay either calcium chloride around the springs or use wax dirt/ sand, that stuff WORKS, no matter the temp

-Speedwell

Latest posts