Been Rough!

Atchman2

This season has turned out to be a major bummer. In the place where there are tons of deer normally, they just vanished when the season started. I can't tell if it is people walking in the woods, kids playing, I've hunted it too much, but the deer are still there but only at night. Just too much activity I'm guessing.

Add to that, I went to a friend of mine's farm. While it is true I did set up my ground blind right on the property line, someone on the other side of the fence decided to drive a truck right though the pasture near me. I was seeing deer too-until those guys ruined my hunt. I had been there since before light and the deer were just starting to roam. On top of that, I'm guessing they were upset about me hunting and drove up right behind where I parked my car! Well I got out of the blind and started walking towards them and they split.

On that same property, I used to have a shooting house of sorts. It was a large platform that I put one of my old ground blinds on top. The weather and such ruined the blind, but the base was still there. I built a shelf on it and use it now to sight in my rifles. I thought I had lost my video camera over there so I went back to the farm to look for it. No camera, but then I looked at my platform and someone had cut it up with a chainsaw and stole the wood! Vandalism and theft!

This last week, one of my friends and members of this forum, called me to tell me he was going hunting. When he got there his game camera and his ladder stand were gone. I just don't understand it. Is there an open season on other folks stuff? If I see a game camera or a stand I give it a wide berth. I've got all sorts of other hunters on my game cameras this year. While I don't have exclusive access to the area, I do have exclusive access to my little corner. I'm just glad those guys have left my stuff alone.

Latest posts