Bear Takedown Recurve

DaveB

I have a very old Bear takedown recurve that I string and flex about twice a year. I gave up bowhunting long time ago, just never could do anything right, deer would not stay still long enough I guess. Anyway, I have kids I wanna teach if my shoulder is up to the task. I will get one of the books mentioned on other threads. Any other recommendations? I have identical twin 14-year old boys, about 5'5", good physical shape. Does the bow have any value-should I put it on display? Thanks to all

6.5 swede

Work on your form and start them close. Put some blunts on and have fun. That works better for starting kids than staring at a target. Shoot at everything in the yard. Just stick a .38 casing on the end of the arra.

FOX FIRE

That bow may indeed have some value, some of the Bear take downs can be very pricey, I've seen some in the $800/$1000 price range,but I aint sure as to which ones, you need to do some research before its turned over to a teenager.

Locksley

FOX FIRE said:
That bow may indeed have some value, some of the Bear take downs can be very pricey, I've seen some in the $800/$1000 price range,but I aint sure as to which ones, you need to do some research before its turned over to a teenager.
There are some recurve bows of value around.