Bear take down limbs

southernhunter

Contemplating dropping from 45lb to 40lb limbs on my bear take down, I have 30 inch draw and the 45's are coming in at 50lbs at my draw length,

Would there be a noticeable difference?

eddie c

How long have you been shooting the current limbs?
5# can be enough to see a difference in shooting in some cases but the only way to know for sure is to try it.

eddie c

I agree, expensive. I talked to a Bear rep at an Alabama shoot a couple of years ago. He said the older limbs should fit the new risers and vise-versa since they are made from the same specs. May find a set of used limbs.

eddie c

I have the A riser and #1 limbs. On the B riser it would come to 43# and 60". At your draw the #3 is probably your best bet or maybe a C riser.

southernhunter

I broke down and ordered a new set of 35lb #3 limbs . They will be roughly 40lb at my draw length. $350 shipped

That will give me a 10# difference i. The 2 sets . Some day I may get a 25lb set for form work , and a set of 55lb for larger Game such as elk but may need to wait till I hit the lottery lol.

I still want a quality reflex deflex long bow such as a Byron Ferguson Safari or black widow, the addiction never ends!

Latest posts