bear season

Mattt

Friend works for the railroad, goes through bitter creek area just above harriman regularly, says they see them frequently crossing tracks.

AT Hiker

BEER season in TN is starting to ramp up too!

I wonder if TN, or any SE state will ever have a Spring bear season?

Does any state South East of the Mississippi have a Sping season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatodoc

rstodd":1hrtumly said:
I wonder how bear meat tastes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My bud got one 2 yrs ago while bow hunting deer in upper east TN. Said it tastes good, but kind of greasy. Mount job cost him a few bucks too. i think about $1800.00....

blondebear

rstodd":ntek743e said:
I wonder how bear meat tastes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

good stuff ! i'd say it taste like chicken but it doesn't. a big factor in how a bear tastes is directly impacted by what it is eating. fruit and berries, eat that bear. if it smells like fish, leave it alone. unless u enjoy fishy tasting meat. fishy meat is best left for the eagles, they gotta eat too.

for cuts i like to shoot a bear between 125 and 200 pounds. larger bears i just strip the back straps and grind the rest into sausage saving maybe a roast or 2. next bear i shoot i may just save the paws for soup. got a recipe that is tantalizing me.

the absolute best pastries you will ever eat has rendered bear lard in it. i have never rendered the lard myself but have had the pleasure of pastries and pie dough.

Latest posts