Bassmaster question

arctic_cat

they release the fish. They used to have a release boat and would put them back in different places and not all off the bank like the little tournaments do

Spurhunter

I realize they release the fish and I realize they don't just dump them at the bank. I guess I should've been more specific. I was wondering if the release boat goes all over the lake or if they release them all around Paris Landing area.

WTM

they release them at undisclosed locations around the lake either by boat or trailer tanks. they do a pretty good job of taking care of the fish as opposed to the redneck tournaments and clubs. the only thing they could improve on is requiring oxygen diffusers in anglers boats. biologist have measured angler live wells at tournaments at an average of
4ppm which stresses an already stressed spawning or post spawning fish. they need double that amount.

here is the sequence BASS uses:
https://m.bassmaster.com/news/what-happ ... ssic-weigh

Spurhunter

WTM":3vuheyat said:
they release them at undisclosed locations around the lake either by boat or trailer tanks. they do a pretty good job of taking care of the fish as opposed to the redneck tournaments and clubs. the only thing they could improve on is requiring oxygen diffusers in anglers boats. biologist have measured angler live wells at tournaments at an average of
4ppm which stresses an already stressed spawning or post spawning fish. they need double that amount.

Thanks man! That's what I was looking for.

TRIGGER

Spurhunter":jrtr43eq said:
Do they release all the fish at the weigh in like most tournaments? If so I'm thinking Paris Landing should be hot in a few days.

The other bigger tournaments out of Paris have a pontoon boat with a tank you put your fish in after weigh in. They take them out by the river channel and release them.

nitro_z17

WTM":1w9igdd6 said:

Good stuff :tu:

nitro_z17

When I tourney fished I would freeze 2 bottles of water. As soon as I caught 1 I would drop a froze bottle in the livewell. If it melted I would drop the other in. Never lost a fish in the livewell

ZachMarkus

nitro_z17":36ashp42 said:
When I tourney fished I would freeze 2 bottles of water. As soon as I caught 1 I would drop a froze bottle in the livewell. If it melted I would drop the other in. Never lost a fish in the livewell

I do the same thing, I never have fish die in the livewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buccaneer

BASS uses specially designed release boats, typically pontoons with tanks that release the fish in multiple locations around the lake well away from the check in ramp.

bluball

WTM":2r6b0zsx said:

Agree,thats why i have a portable oxygen system setup.I use to have it mounted under the console of my boat,but made it portable incase im in someone elses boat.Mounted my bottle to a seat post with 8ft of hose,we just stick it in the back pedastel base and drop diffuser into livewell.Oxygen also comes in handy when you are having minnow trouble and they are dyeing,give them alittle shot of oxygen and there good to go.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball

TRIGGER":1tucln03 said:
Spurhunter":1tucln03 said:
Do they release all the fish at the weigh in like most tournaments? If so I'm thinking Paris Landing should be hot in a few days.

The other bigger tournaments out of Paris have a pontoon boat with a tank you put your fish in after weigh in. They take them out by the river channel and release them.
Thats what they do in the crappie usa tournys i have fished.

WTM

bluball":3kw82wtl said:
WTM":3kw82wtl said:

Agree,thats why i have a portable oxygen system setup.I use to have it mounted under the console of my boat,but made it portable incase im in someone elses boat.Mounted my bottle to a seat post with 8ft of hose,we just stick it in the back pedastel base and drop diffuser into livewell.Oxygen also comes in handy when you are having minnow trouble and they are dyeing,give them alittle shot of oxygen and there good to go.

yeah, the striper boats are rigged with them to keep skipjack alive. some also use tubes to hold stripers in for tourneys.

it only costs a couple hundred bucks to fit a tank, regulator and diffuser on a standard livewell and then maybe another couple hundred for a DO2 meter to test the livewell water.

pressfit

The guy that drives the release boat lives right down the road from my farm.. I see the pontoon in his yard all the time