Bass Tournaments ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Caught a bit of a conversation regarding the Toyota tournament at KY lake this weekend and thought it would be good for some conversation here. :D

Should local guides be able to fish in bass tournaments?

Why?
Why not?

Grandslam11

I would say yes. I know that guides make some big money prior to big tournaments from anglers wanting local help. I agree, they have as much right to fish a tournament as anyone. In my eyes, it is not any different than an angler that gets to fish 3-4 days a week after work.

sll

Absolutely. Being in that tourney is the only time the guide may not get paid for fishing. He has to catch them to get a check. On his guide trips he will get paid regardless if the client catches fish or not.

SilverFox

The only time I've ever seen a problem with it is on a weekend series deal... kinda like the USA Bassin events. When i started fishing those they were billed as the working mans tourneys. I wouldn't want to fish for money against a guy who just spent all week on that lake while i was working a 9 to 5 somewhere else. I would question the guides integrity if one tried that. If it's a bigger open tourney that allowed it i wouldn't have a problem. When it's allowed you know what you're in for when you sign up.

Winchester

Tennessee Todd said:
If I beat them I have no problem with it. When they beat me, I always think it should be illegal.
There you have it!! :grin:
Atleast this is how most handle it! lol I have no problem with them fishing as you have several guys that can pre fish 3 days a wk anyway, even though they aren't guiding they are practicing so whats the difference? I like to beat them all when I can :D !!!

Latest posts