Bass supper

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I swear I like these better than crappie
81F6D2CA-C9C9-4945-8ACC-62CE5FC5505D.jpeg

1B35C4DE-F835-430B-8D32-DD379FBC9CC6.jpeg

WTM

yeah ive gotten to where i like crappie less and less unless they are less than 11" and fried whole bone in. no matter what i do thick "slabs" fall apart or break in half even if i cut them in two. plus, to me, crappie just has a strong fish smell.

lol guess ive gotten spoiled to spots, bluegill and gasper goo. fiddler blue cats are fine too.

Displaced_Vol

I've posted on other threads but after trying some spotted (KY) bass a couple years ago I am a believer in those. We've got a small pond that needs fish removed from it so I'll be trying some largemouth this summer for sure.

WTM

I've posted on other threads but after trying some spotted (KY) bass a couple years ago I am a believer in those. We've got a small pond that needs fish removed from it so I'll be trying some largemouth this summer for sure.
as long as the water is not stagnated or nasty they are good. they are sunfish like bluegill and crappie.

nasty water will make any fish taste nasty. my ex bil and his daddy caught 1000 crappie out of the big sandy dewatering area. he didnt handle them correctly and they had 2000 nasty filets in their freezers. they are reason my wife wont eat any fish out of the lake.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
as long as the water is not stagnated or nasty they are good. they are sunfish like bluegill and crappie.

nasty water will make any fish taste nasty. my ex bil and his daddy caught 1000 crappie out of the big sandy dewatering area. he didnt handle them correctly and they had 2000 nasty filets in their freezers. they are reason my wife wont eat any fish out of the lake.
The first bass I ever ate was from a mess that my son and I caught out of a pond at the country club.
Nasty is putting it nicely.
Never ate another bass for YEARS.
Last year my best friend said he wanted to try a bass. I told him they were nasty but I would catch and cook him some.
I tried it and was amazed.
Looking back it is rather obvious as to why they tasted like poop but at that time I had clean and cooked maybe 5 fish in my life.

I actually do prefer them over crappie due to crappie fillets having very little flavor.
Won't turn down either though. :D

Crow Terminator

I'm that way about trout. The stockers they put in Tellico and Citico from the hatchery taste bad to me. I've heard it described as tasting like dog food. I don't know what dog food tastes like but I can say they are probably right. I guess it's because of them being in those dirty poop filled flumes their whole life and not having time to "get it out of their system" when dumped into the river. The trout from other streams taste really good. If you get some from the Hiwassee or Ocoee that have been in there a while, they have a totally different taste to me.

Headhunter

Bass are great to eat.

The "decent" bass my brother is holding get let go. The "decent" bass are fun, some days we catch 25-30 that size.

Attachments

• IMG00018-20100509-1309.jpg
    IMG00018-20100509-1309.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG00027-20110416-1820.jpg
    IMG00027-20110416-1820.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 6.5 lbs.jpg
    6.5 lbs.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 72

WTM

The first bass I ever ate was from a mess that my son and I caught out of a pond at the country club.
Nasty is putting it nicely.
Never ate another bass for YEARS.
Last year my best friend said he wanted to try a bass. I told him they were nasty but I would catch and cook him some.
I tried it and was amazed.
Looking back it is rather obvious as to why they tasted like poop but at that time I had clean and cooked maybe 5 fish in my life.

I actually do prefer them over crappie due to crappie fillets having very little flavor.
Won't turn down either though. :D
geez there are all kinds of poison in those country club ponds. i used to dive for golf balls and that is some nasty water.

some years on ky lake we have some algae blooms, i wont keep any fish unless i find some clean water.

Latest posts