Barnes chastises Knecht

encore06

I can't believe that Barnes would tell Knecht, probably the best player on the floor last night, that he needed to shoot less and to get his teammates more involved. Maybe he needed to get the ball more to Vescovi who went 0-5, or to James who went 2-9. What a way to build confidence.

PalsPal

Barnes was making the point that by doing a little more passing out of double teams that he would have some easier shots. He certainly wasn't trying to coach Knect not to shoot when open.

Come on man, clearly he was telling DK to stop shooting. Take your orange-colored glasses off 😆.

With that said I love DK putting his head down and going hard to the basket, but there are opportunities for an easy pass to set up a gimme. He seems to be trying to draw a foul, but he doesn't usually get those calls.

chris1976

I can't believe that Barnes would tell Knecht, probably the best player on the floor last night, that he needed to shoot less and to get his teammates more involved. Maybe he needed to get the ball more to Vescovi who went 0-5, or to James who went 2-9. What a way to build confidence.
SEC champions

cbhunter

So Barnes didn't say Knecht should be getting his teammates more involved when he had the ball??? Guess I heard him wrong. Sorry
Yes and no…

He said get his teammates the ball "when the other team is pressing up on him" but also stated his teammates have to shoot better

It was the "chastising" that was prob a bad take. It wasn't worded that way IMO. No apology needed bud