Bareshaft help

JMissing0321

As you can see, I can group fine from 20yds with fletched arrows. But at 10 yards bareshaft is crazy, and need help.

Attachments

• A862D53A-F4AB-4FE8-B9E7-A57CE36CE18E.jpeg
    A862D53A-F4AB-4FE8-B9E7-A57CE36CE18E.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 9C2839AD-90B5-44E2-BC3E-D2CCA6029346.jpeg
    9C2839AD-90B5-44E2-BC3E-D2CCA6029346.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 305

PickettSFHunter

Here's the chart I use. Even without fletchings you can tell which is nock end just by looking at your target of course. You need to make sure your target stays still also. I ask about spine because so many bow shops are selling everyone 400 spine arrows and that's just not stiff enough for most situations, especially if your shooting heavier arrows with high FOC.
https://bowlogic.com/arrow_rests/paper- ... pound-bow/

Your nock right so try moving rest left in small increments.

david k.

What is your set-up? (arrow spine, carbon length, insert weight, tip weight, draw-length, draw weight, IBO speed of your bow?)

Assuming you are right handed a bare shaft hitting left with nock right could either be an indication of a "stiff" spine or simply evidence that your center shot is not perfect.

I'd try the easiest fix first...center shot...try moving your arrow rest in towards the riser in TINY TINY increments (like 1/32") at a time and see if that clears it up.

If that does not clear it up, start looking at your arrows....there several ways to add weight up front to "weaken" the spine....heavier points and broad heads, Gold Tip "FACT" weights you can screw in to the back of your inserts by removing the nocks, heavier brass inserts, etc. whatever way works for you...my bet is that if centershot doesn't fix it you will need an extra 75 grains up front minimum before you will start seeing improvement.

Another option, if you haven't cut off all your arrows, is to try one that is about 2" longer. If you have cut off all your arrows, buy or borrow a shaft of lesser spine and test it.

Or you can always add a few turns to the limb bolts to add draw-weight if that an option and you can still shoot the bow comfortably...

Good luck with it.

Latest posts