Barely got anything this past season

catman529

Was hoping to get a kill or two on crows, possum, coons, and especially rabbits. But with only my air rifle for around the house, and nowhere to shoot with my 12 gauge, it just didn't happen. Didn't see many rabbits all winter, now they're starting to pop up again.

But on the bright side I will get the type 004 license this year, so when all the small game that is closing today opens up again, I will be able to hit up the WMA and have at it. At least I can hunt yotes year round...never shot one before but I would love to see what it's like. And pigeons...if I can find a place to shoot some pigeons that would also be fun. I hear they're good eating and I would eat em as long as they aren't in the city eating people's crap.

catman529

I called in crows several times but you can't shoot em out of the air with a pellet gun and they don't ever land when you call them, they just circle around till they realize you're there and then they fly away educated. So when June comes around I can head to the WMA and call em in again and destroy em with the 12 gauge. I'd also be fortunate to get permission to hunt some private land. Gotta start asking soon.

spitndrum

Ya WMA usually produce some for me too when I go but ya your right for a bird to be som nasty and such a nusiance they sure get smart in a HURRY!

catman529

yeah I figure me standing there usually in plain clothes with an air rifle is pretty easy for them to spot since they are circling overhead, tilting their heads around looking for the crow that just called. When crow season opens again I'll see how I do on the WMA. Thankfully Yanahli is less than an hour away from me and has all the statewide seasons so I don't have to worry about weird special closures and stuff. I'm gonna see how much I shot I can put into yotes, crows, doves, rabbits, squirrels, pigeons, heck anything that I could get meat, fur, or pest control out of.

catman529

can't beat a birds eye...full camo and motionless they might not see me, but still they don't land so I got to use the shotgun. I've only taken a couple shots with the pellet gun on the few instances where I was within range of a crow sitting in a tree. missed on the shots though, never dropped one.

Latest posts